Replies

CUCM_SUB ( TFTP )

Harun_Daiya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Hope everyone is doing well,

can you anyone please help me. I have a problem with CUCM_SUB

I can give a bit brief so you can understand very well.

In our company, we have two physical CUCM.

CUCM-PUB

CUCM-SUB

both are running well & good but still, on All devices only TFTP server 1 is available. TFTP server 2 shows noun.

can you please help me with how to come out with this issue?

Looking forward to getting a great answer from your guys.

ERROR 2

Hi, 

First of all, thank you for your precious reply.

do you want me to check from publisher and subscriber?

Publisher, nothing is showing but when I check in the desk phone it shows DHCP enabled.

The main problem with the subscriber is when I tried to log in, I got this error even though I reset the admin password.

Log on failed - Invalid User ID or Password

13 Replies 13

For phones to show both tftp address Check the dhcp server option 150. If both act as tftp add both IP as option 150.

Dhcp can be running on your CUCM server or a router or it can be on any windows server inside your network. 
check on phone networking settings,it will show the dhcp server details. Check which server is acting as dhcp for phones and check the dhcp configuration.

==============================================================================================

I have my DHCP running on a switch, and below mentioned is the configurations.

ip dhcp pool Voice
network 10.60.51.0 255.255.255.0
default-router 10.60.51.1
option 150 ip 10.60.51.10 10.60.51.11

The below mentioned screenshot is from my  phone network webpage. Phone network settings will display the DHCP server IP.  You can use this information  to identifying the DHCP server if you don't know the server .

Capture.PNG

If you add both pub and sub on CM group, you gone see both servers on Unified CM information.

Capture2.png

==============================================================================================

if DHCP is running on Windows server , option 150  configuration will look like below screenshot.

Go through below link ,how to configure the DHCP on a windows server is well explained on this document.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/13992-win2000-dhcp.html

Capture3.PNG

if DHCP is on CUCM, go to DHCP Subnet Configuration page and check if both servers are mentioned on the TFTP.

Capture4.PNG

For second error, are you  able to login to publisher ? . What password you reset, application or administrator and on which server you reset  ?

Did you check publisher and subscriber Db replication, is it sync ? 

Second thing are your trying to login to os admin page or administration  page.

There are scenarios where clients keep  application  password different from administrator password. 

Response Signature

Hii,

this is for the DB Status

admin:utils dbreplication status

connect to cucm_pub_ccm11_0_1_20000_2 failed
Enterprise Replication not active (62)
command failed -- unable to connect to server specified (5)

Replication status check is now running in background.
Use command 'utils dbreplication runtimestate' to check its progress

The final output will be in file cm/trace/dbl/sdi/ReplicationStatus.2021_06_02_11_24_43.out

Please use "file view activelog cm/trace/dbl/sdi/ReplicationStatus.2021_06_02_11_24_43.out " command to see the output

admin:utils dbreplication runtimestate

Server Time: Wed Jun 2 11:28:12 AST 2021

Cluster Replication State: Awaiting subscribers for replication setup request...

DB Version: ccm11_0_1_20000_2
Repltimeout set to: 300s
PROCESS option set to: 1

Cluster Detailed View from CUCM-PUB (2 Servers):

PING DB/RPC/ REPL. Replication REPLICATION SETUP
SERVER-NAME IP ADDRESS (msec) DbMon? QUEUE Group ID (RTMT) & Details
----------- ---------- ------ ------- ----- ----------- ------------------
CUCM-PUB 172.16.0.15 0.026 Y/Y/Y -- (-) (-) Replication Not Setup
CUCM-SUB 172.16.0.16 0.360 Y/Y/Y -- (-) (-) Replication Not Setup

You have DB replication issue. that could be  the reason you are not able to login from sub. Once you resolve DB check if you are able to login with the old, if not reset the password.

Restart the Cluster and see if Db replications is getting initialized on both servers. can you post utils service list output after cluster restart( issue the command after a delay of lets say 10 min).

One more question, Did you reset the security password ?

Response Signature

There are is two accounts, application and administrator. with application password you can login to CUCM administration , Serviceability page. With administrator credentials you can login to Unified Operating System Administration, DRS, pages and CLI.

i would suggest to involve a partner who is good in voice to avoid major issues.

Response Signature

Hi,

Actually, the main problem is just I have joined here so I don't have much information and regarding security password, I was about to change but I haven't change in both,

do you want me to change for both?

and will it affect work or not if not then I will do it now 

If not, Don’t change the security password. 

Do a cluster restart during non working hours and see if your  db gets synced. 

If restart doesn’t help resolving the DB, open a TAC case that will be a better option for you.

Response Signature

It’s not totally clear if you have changed the security password on one of your two servers. Have you done this? If so you’ll need to also change it on the other as they need to match.

Response Signature

Sadav Ansari
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Please check your DHCP pool if there is only 1 IP address configured on option 150 then please add your second node ip also.

Also check CM group configuration for verifying that your both node (PUB and SUB l)is added on CM group.

And for login on subscriber kindly login with your correct credentials if not working reset application user password instead of administrator.

The combination of username and password is not correct, in that case feel free to reset the username as well using below command:

utils reset_application_administrator_ui_name

Hence feel free to reset the password using utils reset_application_administrator_ui_password command without any doubts in mind

Please rate if its “Helpful” . If this answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”.

Hi,

Hope you're doing very well,

sorry for the late reply I was cough with some urgent work.

I have check CM group configuration. both PUB & SUB are registered and added to CM group.

For the second issue as you mentioned I have to reset the password and username.

I have tried to reset again but it shows only possible from PUB not with SUB.

now my question is if I want to reset the username and password for SUB from PUB is it possible?

because from PUB I can only able to change the password not able to change the username.

Thanks & Regards

Hello,

admin:utils dbreplication status

connect to cucm_pub_ccm11_0_1_20000_2 failed
Enterprise Replication not active (62)
command failed -- unable to connect to server specified (5)

As per above DB Replication status your cluster is not replicating Database so first you need to Check that first.

Once your replication will be fine your password will work which you reset.

Replication status should be good on clutter and value should be 2.

For you second question You can login via CLI on your SUB and can reset password.

Pls rate if its “Helpful”. If this answered your question pls click “Accept as Solution”.

To have both ip on  TFTP , you need to check the Option 150 configured on the DHCP server .  CM Group configuration has no role in that.

Your first issue got resolved ?

These are the right commands to reset the username and password for application user.

utils reset_application_ui_administrator_name
utils reset_application_ui_administrator_password

Os admin you can only reset the password, but you cannot reset username. But you can create another users.

I am not sure which password are your trying to reset.

Response Signature

Hello There.

The security password is changed using the command 'set password user security'

These 2 commands below are only for the CM Administration page.

utils reset_application_ui_administrator_name
utils reset_application_ui_administrator_password

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pascal

To change the admin PW for the CLI access you would use this command command "set password user admin".

Response Signature