Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM TFTP issue

Thomas McLean
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I'm having an issue when trying to upload a new firmware to our phones - i've uploaded the FW to CUCM 6 which all went fine but when trying to deploy to a device it doesn't work - the phone says the TFTP server is the publisher but we've not got TFTP running on the publisher but it is on our subscribers - I don't know how to tell the phones that the subscribers are the TFTP servers - basically it's stuck and I cannot change it - I've been looking about for a while and have been unable to find a solution.

Does anyone know what I need to do? Do I need to edit the .xml.cnf file? If so how would I be able to do it. The phones haven't been upgraded since they've been taken out the box roughly 4/5 years ago and the two types of phones that we are targeting is 7940's and 7960's.

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

9 Replies 9

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

In your DHCP scope what is the ip address of the server for Option 150?

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

Hi Leonardo,

It's 172.16.126.12 which is not our publisher - it would be good if it came up as that - but it's coming up as 172.16.126.10 which is the publisher but in option 66 we are referencing it to an unresolvable name...?

You need to point the option 150 to the subscriber.

If you re using Windows as DHCP Server follow the guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800942f4.shtml

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

Thanks again, we are actually using CUCM be the DHCP server for the phones. We've never needed to upgrade in the past but we are rolling out virtual desktops and sporadically the Cisco phones are dropping the connections - we've tested and put the phone and the virtual desktops seperately and we have no issue at all. We're using 3560x switches so don't think that is the cause here..

On the CUCM Dhcp config what are the options for:

Primary TFTP Server IP Address (Option 150)

Secondary TFTP Server IP Address (Option 150)

Check if the TFTP Service is running on Subscriber

Regards
Leonardo Santana

You don't need to have both option 66 and 150 defined. Only one of them should be present in the scopes.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

The phones get the TFTP server(s) via DHCP, it's option 150. Check your DHCP scope(s) for this and change if needed.

Please rate useful posts.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Response Signature

Roger,

For whatever reason the phones are saying the TFTP server is the publishers but the option 150 is saying differently. 

On your DHCP Scope how many servers are using the option 150?

The TFTP Service is up on the subscriber?

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana