Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM time of day routing

Hi, I have a number and during the 8am till 6pm it should go to operators, after 6pm till 8 am to their mobile phones. 

I was following this instruction https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/109588-tod-routing-example00.html

Then created DN assigned to their EM profiles . If I assign shift DN with On-day Route partition It works Day hours but doesnt work after hours.. if with Off day Route Partition  then works only off day

I can assign DNs with both off day and on day route partition to the same EM profile but doesn't look nice.

Is ther a way to have one DN but it will automatically switch depend on time ? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Say the number is 1000, create 2 partitions:

part_reception and partition_mobile.

create your two time schedule and assign em to each respective partition.

what I tend to do is create two TPs: one for 1000 in part_reception and one for 1000 in part_mobile.

translate each into either reception extension and the mobile you need it to go to.  stick both partitions in the correct CSS

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

See my video and make sure you understand the logic ToD uses to configure this as you need.

https://youtu.be/oj8T8i60tsY

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

very good video, thanks

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
TOD does not work dynamically. It is tied to your schedules which are further tied to partitions. Depending upon the schedule, the partitions with active scheds are considered valid.

i want to add that shift dn to 2 my users so they will pick up calls on day shift, and for night schedule calls must go to 2 different mobile numbers. is it possible? when i assign that dn to user i must add route partition of that dn so its either onday or off day. how to deal with this ? 

I agree with Dennis, you'd probably wanna take the route he suggested, however if the reception phone is not to be used at all during off hours and don't want the phone to ring at all, you can reduce the config a little more by doing the following:

Taking his example of the number being 1000, create two partitions for working and non-working hours.

DN 1000 in pt_onhours assigned to the EM profile
TP 1000 in pt_offhours forwarding the call to their Cell phone

So effectively the line will be only active on the phone during business hours and calls post that gets forwarded to the cell phone.

Now the question remains if you want the IP Phone and the cellphone to ring simultaneously during off hours, if not you can opt for this or the one Dennis suggested.

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

Please rate if you find this helpful.

Regards,
Aeby

defintely possible, built it dozens of times myself, for example on Helios gate entry intercoms.

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Say the number is 1000, create 2 partitions:

part_reception and partition_mobile.

create your two time schedule and assign em to each respective partition.

what I tend to do is create two TPs: one for 1000 in part_reception and one for 1000 in part_mobile.

translate each into either reception extension and the mobile you need it to go to.  stick both partitions in the correct CSS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: