Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM/UCCX/Presence IP address change

sirajuddeen t p
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

I have a requirement to move UCS C220 box to another location. As part of moving the servers I am forced to change the IP address to the new subnet at the remote(172.25.20.x to 192.168.100.x) site. CUCM Publisher/Unity Connection Publisher/Presence 1st Node and UCCX Publisher servers are running in the same box . IP address can be changed only once I transported the servers to new location.

Since I need to move them to far location and all the running servers are Publishers, Would there be any sequence to change IP address from the list of servers?

My CUCM cluster is running in mixed mode and certificates are signed by third party CA server. Before powering off and transporting the box should I need to make any changes?

Kindly help.

6 Replies 6

Aseem Anand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I would suggest you to go through the document below for all the pre-checks and post checks:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/10_0_1/ipchange/CUCM_BK_C3782AAB_00_change-ipaddress-hostname-100.html

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/upgrade/guide/9xcucrugx/9xcucrug050.pdf

Make sure you have latest backup in place before changing the IP Address/Subnet etc. Once you are done with the change of IP address on CUCM, you need to update all the service URL's in CUCM with the new IP address, change the dial-peers session target on the voice gateway.

Also, if you change the hostname then it might require you to get the certificates signed again by the certificate authority. 

Aseem

Thank you all for the guideline. However I am confused on what HARIS_HUSSAIN mentioned about routing old IP on the new location. This is not possible since it require involvement of network team in higher level.

I made action plan below for CUCM:

Could you please validate:

CUCM Publisher IP address change:

1. Change IP address from systems> Server>

From 172.25.20.33 to 192.168.100.53

Then go to Subscriber servers:

#set network cluster publisher ip 192.168.100.53

Then power off the Publisher server.

Then once publisher powered on form new location:

#set network gateway 192.168.100.1

#set network ip eth0 192.168.100.53 255.255.255.0

Then restart the cluster.

Dear sirajuddeen,

I though you are moving server to new location and then changing the IP, any how you can ignore that.

Please review the documentation properly and make sure all pre-requisites are satisfied.

You have to look for DNS , NTP , CTL files update at new location.

Hi Haris,

Sure. I will update you all the status.

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please note that all these applications are independent of each other hence it really does not matter in which order you change the IP Address. That being said, you should start with CM, IM&P, CUC and UCCX, my explanation for this is CM being the primary call control gets integrated with all these applications hence it would be good to start with that. IM&P now being part of CM cluster only starting 10.x will be good to follow and then CUC and UCCX.

Rest what all precautions etc you should take, refer to their respective IP Address change document and it will tell you about everything.

Regards

Deepak

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

• First take a DRS Backup of The existing server, the power them off.
    • This need that temporarily CUCM Should be able to communicate using the Old IP address from the New Site before we change the IP. This can be achive via some Routing.
    • Move server and Power on so that it communicatew with other Nodes from New Location.
    • Then you can use the procedure to change the Hostname and IP of CUCM/IM&P and CUC
    • Once IP address is changed , you need to generate new CSR and Reinstall the certificates on CUCM. 
    • Also make sure to update CTL Files
      •  For security-enabled clusters (Cluster Security Mode 1 - Mixed), update the Certificate Trust List (CTL) file.
      • To avoid unnecessary delays, you must update the CTL file with the new IP address of your TFTP servers before you change the IP address of the TFTP servers. If you do not perform this step, you will have to update all secure IP phones manually.
      • Follow procedure in this document for updating CTL Files
        • http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/security/10_0_1/secugd/CUCM_BK_C68276B4_00_cucm-security-guide-100/CUCM_BK_C68276B4_00_cucm-security-guide-100_chapter_0100.html#CUCM_TK_U0801AC3_00

Regards

Haris

P lease rate if found userful