Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Upgrade from 7.0(2) to CUCM 7.1(5)SU3

RevereORL_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am planning on doing an upgrade on one of our client's CUCM/UCCX environment. The plan is to do the following:

UCCX Side

1. Upgrade the server OS from 2003.1.4aSR5 to 2003.1.5a then to 2003.15a.SR15

2. Ugrade UCCX version from 7.0(1)SR2 to 7.0(1)SR5

CUCM Side

1. Upgrade from 7.0(2) directly to 7.1(5)SU3.

Do any of you see if any issue with this approach? I reviewed all the hardware. software and upgrade paths and confirmed my approach is supported. That being said, I would like to put it out there in case someone has already encountered problems with the versions I would like to upgrade to.

Thank you,

Gerson

5 Replies 5

Hello,

The Call manager 7.1(5) is perfect but you have to be aware that in case you upgrade the CUCM to 7.1(5) you can't upgrade later on to CUCM 8.0 , you have to upgrade to at least 8.5

For the UCCX , one of the guys in the CC forums faced a BUG that the agents getting reserved when call came and the call is not routed , the same problem happened to me but i was using UCCX 7.0(1) i opened a TAC and the TAC told me that i have to upgrade to SR4 ES02 , you already going to upgrade to SR05 just make sure that the below two BUGS are solved in SR5 otherwise open a TAC and let them give you access to the ES02 and you will be fine .

CSCtc32123   
UCCX 7.x Select Resource Step reaches 1000 step max and fails

CSCsz93333   
Modifying CSQ variable in the Select Resource Step after queuing a
call

This is all from what i have seen before and encountered.

Hope that was helpful.

Amer

Amer,

Thanks for your comments. I will review the UCCX readme notes to confirm the bugs you listed are on resolved state.

Thanks again,

Gerson

Hi Amer,

I looked up the bugs below in the only one I am not too clear about is CSCsz93333. Does this bug happens if calls in queue are transferred to another queue? Or is it happen when a call is set with csqID value, then send to the Select Resource Step, and new call comes in and it the variable csqID is set to a different value then put in queue?

Thank you,

Gerson

Hello Genson,

The Bug is for Both .

Sometimes customers like to have more than one queue in the way to reach agent for reporting purposes , and you have a select resource , it will stuck in reserved state , you have to apply ES02

Amer

Hi,

Please I have to upgrade from 7.0.2 to 7.1.5 at leas for then using PCD a get to 11.5 version. Could you please help me with the procedure and .iso or .cop files needed for this task?

I'd appreciate a lot.

Thanks,

Regards.