cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM web page search - 'Rows per page' - Any way to set the default?

voip7372
Level 4
Level 4

When searching for phone devices or anything else that gives you the 'Rows per page' drop-down box, is there any way to set that to a default of something other than 50?  It's a little annoying to have to change that every time I log in and search for a list of phones at a site that has more than 50 phones.  I'd like to set the default for that option to 250 or higher.  Anyone know how to do it or if it's even possible?

I already know how to set the max number of items you can possible display (using the enterprise parameters > Max List Box Items), but I'd love to be able to set the default for how many are displayed initially so I don't have to keep changing it every time I log in. 

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am not aware of this being changeable setting. In addition to get something more than 250 (which is the highest you can select from the dropdown), you can simply edit the URL to change the value from XXX i.e. 250 to whatever you desire i.e. 5000, but again this has to be done manually every time.

Ok, thanks.  It seems to be possible to change the limit, but so far not set the default.

Here's the text from the parameter in question for the limit...(on CUCM 11.5.1.12900-21)

CCMAdmin Parameters

Max List Box Items: Required Field
This parameter specifies the maximum number of items that display in a list box in Cisco CallManager Administration; for any value above the number that is specified in this parameter, only the default (such as None) and the currently selected items appear in the list box, and a Find button appears to the right of the list box. Click the Find button to find and choose the desired item. Increasing the value above the default sends more items directly to the browser but results in slower page loads in a large system. Decreasing the value sends fewer items directly to the browser and results in faster page load for a large system. This setting affects only fields where a large number of user-defined items are likely, such as Partition, Calling Search Space, and Voice Mail Profile.

This is a required field.
Default: 250
Minimum: 50
Maximum: 9999
: Please click on the Save button then close the browser and open a new one for the change to take effect.

really wish we could change the default from 50 to 250+

I wish too!

Have a look at this article which may go some way to addressing your needs. The downside is that you still have to set it each time but it is non the less very useful I find.

https://www.uccollabing.com/2016/08/29/a-quick-cucm-cuc-helpful-trick-to-increase-rows-per-page/

HTH

Rich