Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM - what does DRS will not backup

If we look at the documentation of DRS we can see what DRS can backup, but its.. not clear.

I mean, what doest it need to be manually configure after a DRS Resotre ?  ...Enterprise parameters ?  All the option under System ?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/8_0_1/drsag801.html

What DRS Backuo =

• Cisco Unified Communications Manager database (CCMDB), includes Cisco Unified Communications Manager/CDR Analysis and Reporting/Call Detail Records)

• Platform

• Music On Hold (MOH) Audio Files

• BAT Bulk Provisioning Service (BPS)

• CCM Preference Files (CCMPREFS)

• TFTP Phone device files (TFTP)

• SNMP Syslog Component (SYSLOGAGT SNMP)

• SNMP CDP Subagent (CDPAGT SNMP)

• Trace Collection Tool (TCT)

• Cluster Manager (CLM)

• Cisco Extended Functions (CEF)

5 Replies 5

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

DRS backs up everything (Except the DRS configuration)

When I've restored my pub from a DRS backup, I had to do nothing to else to the box to get the cluster back to the state it was in before. (well, except for rebooting the subs)

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Hi

DRS should include everything - and it does mostly.

The exception I've seen is that when restoring to a new/reinstalled server, the restore usually works but subsequent upgrades often fail unless you reinstall any locale files.

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I had an issue where DRS did't backup the :

-Auto registration configuratiion  ( for phones )  in System / CM configuraton  and CM group

-backgroud of IP phones

-RTMT settings

But, what else I am asking me...

philippe.cousineau wrote:

I had an issue where DRS did't backup the :

-Auto registration configuratiion  ( for phones )  in System / CM configuraton  and CM group

-backgroud of IP phones

-RTMT settings

I have seen bugs where DRS has missed things. (On one occasion it missed all the certs) But DRS should be backing these things up. It certainly does for me. If you think it's missing something, log a TAC case.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

anchoudh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Philippe,

Adding to the above list.

Note

After  you regenerate certificates in Cisco Unified Communications Operating  System, you must perform a backup so that the latest backup contains the  regenerated certificates. If your backup does not contain the  regenerated certificates and you must perform restoration tasks for any  reason, you must manually unlock each phone in your system so that the  phone can register with Cisco Unified Communications Manager

Hope this helps.

Anand