Views
Helpful
Replies

Data Migration Assistant 6.1(2) Errors

Peter Bishop
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we are planning to upgrade our Customer's Call Manager from 4.1(3) to 6.1(2)and am fortunate enough to have a 'test' system.

I have loaded and run the Data Migration Assistant 6.1(2) on the test system and it fail sValidation with 6 errors similar to this:-

***> DATA PROCESSING TESTS REVEALED AN ISSUE WHICH GENERATED THE FOLLOWING EVENT:

The error number is: [-691]

The error message is: [-691 Missing key in referenced table for referential constraint

]

The following additional event information is available:

This record was not processed because another record it needs,

(see reference name listed below), is missing. This likely may be due to a previous error

already reported in the log above, or the result of Directory Services Export issues

reported separately, or due to missing Product, Locale, or other add-on definition CSV

files that should exist on the source system but do not.

SUGGESTED ACTION: Resolve all prior reported issues. If none, look at the Suspected Field,

if listed, for an indication of what data reference could not be resolved. Some hints:

- if ...DirGroup related, check for a Directory Export failure

- if ...Locale related, check for a missing Locale Plug-In

Re-execute DMA when all other issues are addressed.

Suspected Field/Item Is [DMABack_Admin.fk_phonebutton_fkphonetemplate]

TABLE NAME IS [PhoneButton ]

buttonnum 4

fkphonetemplate 'faf9046b-3dd7-4c83-bdff-aeaf85ccfd92'

isfixedfeature 'F'

label 'Speed Dial'

paramn1 2

paramn2 0

pkid '6add7a80-634d-4323-b45a-0e81b5fc4743'

tkfeature 2

According to the error this appears to be a missing 'key' in the PhoneTemplate table.

The foreign key being reported is the 'Standard Tandberg Video' phone template, which has 2 lines and 4 speed dials and is a standard CCM template. The 6 errors are 1 for each button, i.e. they all reference the same foreign key in the 'PhoneButton' table and that key is there in the 'PhoneTemplate' table. I can see no foreign keys in the 'PhoneTemplate' table refering back to the 'PhoneButton' tabel, so I am unsure as to where the 'Missing key in referenced table for referential constraint' is? The DMA says these errors must be fixed for th emigrated data to be valid, but anyone know to fix them when the 'key' appears to be in the 2 referenced tables in SQL Enterprise Manager.

Thanks,

Peter

10 Replies 10

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It looks like just a phone button template for the Tandberg. Which is not the end of the world in DMA.

I would say you can move forward with the DMA. Just make a note to fix your Tandberg phone templates after 6.1.2 comes up.

Thanks, I will give that a try and see if it will import the data from the failed 'TAR' file.

I have had problems with user account names failing in the DMA, but i still used it in the load process and it went fine. My back up was that I BAT exported all the users in case they did not come into the new 6.x server. In your case, it's one template that is used by your 7985 video phone assuming you do not have that many video phones, it should not be a problem to recreate. My best guess is that it will import fine and use the default template for the 7985.

fhunter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Peter,

did you ever resolve this issue, I have the same problem

Regards

Frank

Hi Frank,

This is hard to remember now, as we upgraded to 6.1.3(b) in the end, and are currently still running on that and are now looking to go to either Version 8 or 9.

Unfortunately, I deleted loads of old DMA files on my laptop to free up some disk space, so can't exactly remember what I had to do to resolve the various issues I had.

Is it just the Tandberg issue you have? As far as I remember we didn't actually have any integrated Tandberg units, so this wasn't a problem in the end. So as Tommer suggested, it was just an error in the standard template which was fine after the upgrade. We did have 7985 conference units, but again they didn't have any errors.

The only things I do remember was that in the DMA error log, it complained about a missing 'Zimbabwe' locale, which I had to load onto the 4.1.3 system and then re-run the DMA program again, and also that we had some phone line key errors which I had to find by using an SQL query to find the extension from the reported 'key' value, but was able to resolve those just by going into Call Manager and deleting unused keys.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

We too don’t have any Tandberg units, but is the button template that has the error.

I am trying to do a DMA to 7.1.5.

The import process will not allow me to use a failed DMA tar so I am stuck, I presume version 6 will allow the use of a failed DMA.

Regards

Frank Hunter

Cisco CCIE #6212, CCVP

Hi

If DMA fails with warnings you can proceed but may lose some config. If it fails with errors it can't be used... maybe post up your set of log files for analysis?

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

My DMA is failing with errors so I cant use it with 7.1.5.

My traces are exactly as Peters above which corresponds to the Tandberg Video Enpoint Standard Button Template.

I have tried deleting the template out of SQL, but I still get the error. I have tried upgrading, I am at 4.1.3sr5 and have tried 4.2.

Any Ideas

Frank

I have made some progress, by deleting SQL PhoneButton entried I have reduced it down to a single error.

***> DATA PROCESSING TESTS REVEALED AN ISSUE WHICH GENERATED THE FOLLOWING EVENT:
The error number is: [-691]
The error message is: [-691 Missing key in referenced table for referential constraint
]
The following additional event information is available:
This record was not processed because another record it needs,
(see reference name listed below), is missing. This likely may be due to a previous error
already reported in the log above, or the result of Directory Services Export issues
reported separately, or due to missing Product, Locale, or other add-on definition CSV
files that should exist on the source system but do not.
SUGGESTED ACTION: Resolve all prior reported issues. If none, look at the Suspected Field,
if listed, for an indication of what data reference could not be resolved. Some hints:
- if ...DirGroup related, check for a Directory Export failure
- if ...Locale related, check for a missing Locale Plug-In
Re-execute DMA when all other issues are addressed.
Suspected Field/Item Is [DMABack_Admin.fk_phonebutton_fkphonetemplate]
TABLE NAME IS [PhoneButton ]
buttonnum 1
fkphonetemplate 'faf9046b-3dd7-4c83-bdff-aeaf85ccfd92'
isfixedfeature 'F'
label 'Line'
paramn1 1
paramn2 0
pkid 'fdb75b7b-a54a-4bb9-9014-fac6aea765fe'
tkfeature 9

Sorry. Unable to parse and identify error number. Raw Message follows:
04/02/2012 13:05:48.295 installdb| installFull *ERROR* Prior Cancel or Error Processing convert4to5()|

********************************************************************************

But can not find any matching entries.

Regards Frank

Finally got it to complete with warnings, by deleting all reference to the Template from the database.

Thanks Guy.

I hope I can now leave the DMA tool in the past.

Frank

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: