cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Daylight saving issue

miket
Level 5
Level 5

I have a callmanager 8,5 running in on a UCS-210C the ntp server is correct, when I show time UTC time is correct however the EST time and offset are wrong. It is one hour behind.

Anyone has any ideas?

12 Replies 12

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Where are you seeing the EST time being one hour off?  From the call manager server itself or on the phones in the EST time zone?  If you run a "utils ntp status" does it show synced, accessible, reachable from call manager's perspective (not the UCS platform perspective)?  If CUCM can reach the NTP reference, what does a "show status" show for the CUCM server's time zone, it should be EST and show the correct time with the GMT -5 offset applied.  If it was installed with an incorrect offset that be the cause.  I haven't seen  or heard of any CUCM 8.5.1 DST issues, other than with Chili.

The phones show wrong time as do vm messages. VM clocks off cucm, here are the commands Time should be 12:40 am

admin:utils ntp status
ntpd (pid 21752) is running...

remote           refid      st t when poll reach   delay   offset  jitter
==============================================================================
172.17.1.38     .STEP.          16 u    - 1024    0    0.000    0.000 4000.00
*64.90.182.55    .ACTS.           1 u  330 1024  377   14.493  -50.720   0.513

synchronised to NTP server (64.90.182.55) at stratum 2
   time correct to within 86 ms
   polling server every 1024 s

Current time in UTC is : Sun Apr  8 04:38:48 UTC 2012
Current time in EST is : Sat Apr  7 23:38:48 EST 2012
'
Host Name    : WF-181-CM
Date         : Sat Apr 7, 2012 23:39:21
Time Zone    : Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Locale       : en_US.UTF-8
Product Ver  : 8.5.1.12900-7
OS Ver       : 4.0.0.0-44

hi Miket,

1) Did you do any recent callmanger upgrade?

2) what is the phone firmware you are running ? Can you upgrade 1 of your phones to the latest firmware and see the time it displays.

3) The Call Manager could pull the time from two sources:

-The server where the Call Manager is installed.

-From an NTP (Network Time Protocol) server.

The IP Phones always will pull the time from the Call Manager. To verify if the Call Manager has the correct time please go to:

-Cisco OS Administration page.

-Choose Settings  > NTP server and see if it is accessible

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Karthik

I could change one of the NTP servers but means a new license. NTP Servers are accessible from the OS Admin page.

Firmware made no difference.. Phone load SCCP70.9-2-1SR2S 7970

I have done no upgrades it was installed last Sept and has been same version ever since.

This is from System  page on OS admin page., It os actually 2:04 . It looks a DST issue.. I also clock Unity connection off cucm so it os wrong again.

System Status

Host NameWF-181-CM
DateSun Apr 08, 2012 13:04:59
Time ZoneEST
LocaleEnglish (United States)
Product Version8.5.1.12900-7
Platform Version4.0.0.0-44

I had the issue as well.

Change your Date Time Group's time zone from EST to use: America/New_York ‡

After you save this, reset a phone that uses the device pool that uses this date time group.  The key is the time zone that has ‡ in it.  I'm sure this will be found as a bug shortly if not already, I haven't had a chance to look.

Kevin P.

Tac says I need to change my server time zone to New York. My time group is New York. That was a big issue when 7 first came out.

Problem is I need new license when I change timezone on uCS. There is what 400 + time zones and only a handful work.

What can I say. I will change and hope it works

I will post after I change.

Mike

Mike Thompson

I/T Architect

IBM Canada

Office +1-905-316-6906

Cell +1-416-884-5692

Im having the same issue for timezone of Brazil/Sao Paulo

Showing 1 hour ahead as it was during daylíght saving time.

Cucm version 8.6.2.

Ntp settings are ok.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Tac asked me to change the timezone on the server or from cli to be in my case est New York same as my date time group.

I have not done it yet

Hope it helps

Mike Thompson

I/T Architect

IBM Canada

Office +1-905-316-6906

Cell +1-416-884-5692

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mike,

Another brutal bug

I'm sure that you are probably aware of this License "Grace period" (30 days)

but just in case I thought this might mitigate this somewhat;

Customer Impact from New Licensing Procedures

#

Cisco Unified Communications Manager on VMware on Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers uses a different licensing model than Cisco Unified Communications Manager on an MCS server. The MAC address of the NIC card is no longer used to associate the license to the server.

#

Instead, the license gets associated to a license MAC, which is a 12 digit HEX value created by hashing the following parameters that you configure on the server:

#

Time zone

#

NTP server 1 (or "none")

#

NIC speed (or "auto")

#

Hostname

#

IP Address (or "dhcp")

#

IP Mask (or "dhcp")

#

Gateway Address (or "dhcp")

#

Primary DNS (or "dhcp")

#

SMTP server (or "none")

#

Certificate Information (Organization, Unit, Location, State, Country)

This hash of these fields is called the LICENSE MAC

Note : Once there is a change in any of the parameters that creates the License MAC, it will

give you 30 day grace period to generate a new license file for the CM based on new license

MAC.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/8_0_2/install/cmins802.html#wp584709

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob I was aware and it is a pain. Welcome to UCS.

Mike Thompson

I/T Architect

IBM Canada

Office +1-905-316-6906

Cell +1-416-884-5692

Mike,

If you add a Date Time Group, using the America's/New York timezone, you can add this to the device pool on the phones and the phones should show the correct time after they are reset.

I ran into this yesterday and resolved it using this method. 

You can change the System's time zone later when you want to deal with the license.

So fixed... I did have the date/Time Group set to EST New York,  The problem was the CLI on CUCM was showing wrong est time and since Unity is clocked off the PUB messages were off..

TAC said I had to change TimeZone on the cli to EST New York. So I did change it but to EST Toronto and all is fine now.

I did have to rehone the licenses.

All is good in DST world,  The issue I have is wht over 400 timezones when they do not work.

Another issue for another day..

Thanks to all