Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Registration Status on CUCM for Cisco APNS

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

I have an environment with CUCM 11.5. I am aware that the devices has three registration status: Registered, Unregistered, and None. I come to this conclusion from my observation.

Unregistered: Device became inactive recently

None: Device is inactive for more than a few days

So, I had an issue with APNS earlier and just want to confirm that it is working again now. I tested on 10 users, on most of them the APNS is working normally. But on two of the users, the APNS is not working even though the registration status is unregistered. They said that they are logged in to the Jabber but I cannot reach them, giving an impression the APNS is not working normally. My question is, how do I differentiate between the device which logged out manually and which went to "sleep" because the iOS killed the application? Since I am working remotely, I cannot make sure the user is telling the truth.

My other question. Is it possible to move the registration state from Unregistered to None only for one device? Since they have two devices, laptop and iPhone. The Jabber laptop device registration status is unregistered, the same as the iPhone, since it's recently killed. I have a suspicion the failure has to do with the device status on the Jabber laptop.

Do you guys have any insight? Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Got the CLI command. Posting here so maybe someone can utilise it for future use.

run sql select one.pkid, two.name as DEVName, three.userid as userid, one.pushnotifytoken, one.pushchanneltype, one.key, one.algorithm from devicetokendynamic as one, device as two, enduser as three where one.fkdevice=two.pkid AND one.fkenduser=three.pkid

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

You cannot Differentiate between log out or  sleep. in both case it will show unregistered.

But on two of the users, the APNS is not working even though the registration status is unregistered:- These devices, are they connected to internet ??

My other question. Is it possible to move the registration state from Unregistered to None only for one device? : AFAIK there is no option to change it.

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

These devices, are they connected to internet ?? => Not even on the CLI flag? Yes they were connected to the internet. When I asked them to login, the registration status updated immediately. 

AFAIK there is no option to change it. => Ah okay. So the only way is to wait for the RIS timer, correct?

fdharmawan
Level 4
Level 4

Got the CLI command. Posting here so maybe someone can utilise it for future use.

run sql select one.pkid, two.name as DEVName, three.userid as userid, one.pushnotifytoken, one.pushchanneltype, one.key, one.algorithm from devicetokendynamic as one, device as two, enduser as three where one.fkdevice=two.pkid AND one.fkenduser=three.pkid