Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference between Transformation & Translation Patterns

Syed
Level 3
Level 3

Dear All,

As I understand both Transformation & Translation patterns are used to manipulate calling & called numbers. It would be helpful if someone can assist me with the major difference between these two or related document to make it clear.

Thank you in advance.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

(+5) for deepak for sharing wonderful discussion thread.

:If you have google it there are plenty of documents available on Translation pattern and Transformation why its required and major and minor difference.

There is one thing just keep in mind for Translation and transformation which is nutshell of whole idea behind it and thereafter.

Translation used for digit manipulation before (pre-routing decision made) a destination(GW, Trunk ) is chosen.

Transformation used for digit manipulation after routing decision made like GW trunk is chosen. so its pre-routing for translation and post-routing for transformation which i can say.

Br,

Nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

View solution in original post

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adding to my previous response in simple words Translation Pattern has the ability to change the destination of a call whereas Transformation Pattern can only change the display i.e., how Calling and Called number will show up as on the phone.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Refer to below threads that discuss this in detail:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11607256/translation-and-transformation-pattern

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12697346/difference-between-translation-and-transformation-pattern-and-their-usage

Regards

Deepak

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

(+5) for deepak for sharing wonderful discussion thread.

:If you have google it there are plenty of documents available on Translation pattern and Transformation why its required and major and minor difference.

There is one thing just keep in mind for Translation and transformation which is nutshell of whole idea behind it and thereafter.

Translation used for digit manipulation before (pre-routing decision made) a destination(GW, Trunk ) is chosen.

Transformation used for digit manipulation after routing decision made like GW trunk is chosen. so its pre-routing for translation and post-routing for transformation which i can say.

Br,

Nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adding to my previous response in simple words Translation Pattern has the ability to change the destination of a call whereas Transformation Pattern can only change the display i.e., how Calling and Called number will show up as on the phone.

Regards

Deepak

Thank you Deepak & Nadeem, appreciate your help & support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: