cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does subscriber allows to write into it's database?

voiphub01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

AFAIK we can't write subscriber database other than user facing feature. However in my setup CUCM 9.1 having 1 PUB and 1 SUB, while logging in CUCM administration from SUB, I can perform all administration task viz add/delete phones etc. I can see this reflected in PUB immediately. Is this normal?

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Yes. Admin changes will be committed to the publisher DB and then replicated out to the subscribers.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

Yes. Admin changes will be committed to the publisher DB and then replicated out to the subscribers.

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Can you please explain this more much. I can able to make change on the subscriber 10.5.2 version.

When I do something on the subscriber on does publisher commit the configuration  on the backgraoung  ?

Thanks

voiphub01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your reply.

Just want to understand if this is the case, then why to state that only publisher database is writable and subscriber only readable if we can write in subscriber database as well.

Regards

Hi,

I was referring the SRND of CUCM 9 which says :

Subscriber servers in the cluster read their local database. Database modifications can occur in both the local database as well as the publisher database, depending on the type of changes. Informix Dynamic Server (IDS) database replication is used to synchronize the databases on the various servers in the cluster.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman and kkoeper,

Understood. Thanks for clarification (+5).

Regards

It is stated that way because behind the scenes the subscriber doesn't really write to it's own database. It sends the changes to the publisher and the publisher then writes to the subscriber database. This behavior is shown when the publisher is down or unreachable and you try to make changes to the subscriber it will not be allowed.