Views
Helpful
Replies

DSP Expansion on 2811

Giovanni Ceci
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Everyone,

I have a client who has a 2811 Voice Gateway with two T1 cards inserted and two PVDM2-16s installed. The 'sh diag' output is attached.

Now I know there are no available PVDM slots as the 2811 only has 2. I was wondering if there is a way to add more DSP resources in this scenario. Our client needs more transcoding resources.

Thanks very much,

John

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Giovanni,

You can either replace one of the PVDM16 modules with a larger one, or purchase an NM-HDV2 module and insert additional DSPs on the module and insert it into the chassis.

HTH,

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

Giovanni,

Yes the 2811 will support any PVDM2 in its two slots, PVDM2-16, PVDM2-32,PVDM2-64

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Giovanni,

You can either replace one of the PVDM16 modules with a larger one, or purchase an NM-HDV2 module and insert additional DSPs on the module and insert it into the chassis.

HTH,

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Thanks for the reply Chris. So the 2811 should support a two PVDM-64s?

Giovanni,

Yes the 2811 will support any PVDM2 in its two slots, PVDM2-16, PVDM2-32,PVDM2-64

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson