Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF issue from external number to CUE

Hello

We have the following config and have configured a num-exp command for external access to voicemail. When callers call from external to access their voicemail, it seems DTMF tones are not being passed.  I have attached output from debug ccsip messages.

It goes to the greeting and asks for your extension followed by hash.

Whatever is input, it doesn't recognise.

Can anyone assist here?  I have tried sip-notify & rtp-nte on dial-peer 7000, but it made no difference.  CUE module is configured for sip notify aswell.

Thanks

Chris

8 Replies 8

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

Chris,

What version of CUE is running on the module?

Are you having the same issue with the 7100 dial-peer?

It is only with external calls coming in, internal calls to CUE work just fine?

What happens when someone internally calls x5599?

Looking at your setup, the only thing I would change is getting rid of the 'h245-alphanumeric' statement in dial-peer v 7000.

dial-peer voice 7000 voip

description Cisco Unity Express Pilot Number

destination-pattern 7000

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:x.x.x.x

dtmf-relay sip-notify

codec g711ulaw

no vad

-Adam

Hi Adam

Thanks for the reply...

CUE version is 8.5.1

It is just an issue when calling from external trying to access voicemail.

Calling internal works ok, when dialling 5599 it goes directly to the users voicemail box.

I have changed DTMFrelay on dial-peer but still no difference.

Chris

Have A outside call B in your system

B answers.

A press some keypad.

Does B hear the tones ?

Hi Paolo

Yes DTMF tones are heard in that scenario...It is just isolated when calling the external voicemail access number.

From the debugs it seems that SIP notify is getting negotiated and DTMF is being sent across.

Try putting a number expansion to hairpin the call out again to PSTN. Send the call to an IVR with menu option. For test purpose call Cisco TAC Toll free number - 18005532447 and then press option 1. If it recognises your DTMF, then it would CUE problem and need to enable debugs on CUE. If not, then further investigation is needed on the gateway.

You can try enabling 'debug voip ccapi inout' and 'debug ccsip all' both together run the test again

--

Pratik

Thanks guys

Adam, I tried it on the 7100 dial-peer and the same issue...no DTMF is recognised.

Pratik, I also tried hairpinning it back out to Cisco TAC and the DTMF is getting recognised, so I think it may be a CUE issue.....Can you advise of debugging on the CUE?

Chris

Chris,

There is a whole section on troubleshooting DTMF with CUE here: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/design/CP_CIPExpress/cipce21.pdf

It looks like all of the debugging is done on the gateway with 'debug ccsip messages'. Which I am pretty sure you have already taken a look at, but this doc breaks down what you should be seeing.

HTH

-Adam

Please remember to rate postings if they are helpful

Thanks for your help guys.

I couldn't get it working using num-exp, so have created a translation rule and applied it to incoming dial-peer, seems to be working a treat.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: