Views
Helpful
Replies

E164 translation not working

Nikhil.ranjan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to make a e164 translation and translate +91.xxxxxxxxxx numbers to 0xxxxxxxxxx. So I am making a RP with /+91.xxxxxxxxx and removing predot and adding 0 as a prefix and then sending the call to the H232 gateway. 

But when I am dialling and cheking this, it automatically add 00 as a prefix and then I getting call cannot be completed aa dialed as this doesnot match a pattern. 

Also when cheking via DNA, i am getting the proper transformation as desired but when testing the call it is not working. 

Can any body let me know how to resolve this .

Also where should I check in the logs file that the call is getting translated to 00. In the logs I see the DD as 00xxxxxxxxxx and not +91. So the translation is happening in the calm manager I believekindky help to find the issue for me.

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

+ dialing does not work with H323, only SIP.  So, you choice is to convert the config to use SIP between the GW and CUCM (recommended) or perform the translation on CUCM.

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You will have to check all the route for the call to ensure that there is no where an additional 0 is being added. Check on the Route-List/Route-group details. If you cant find anything, then we can look at CUCM logs to see what is happening with the digit manipulation.

What type of phone are you dialling from and what version of CUCM are you running

Please rate all useful posts

Hi,

The application dial rules were making the manipulation. So, the digits were manipulated before the call reacheds the CUCM server and hence we could not see any translation on the CUCM. 

We made changes to the Application dial rules and that fixed the issue for us.