cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enabling meet-me on 9971 99xx on CME SIP

jyoopro4ia
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 9971 phone I've successfully registered on CME 9.1.  I'm trying to enable additional soft keys such as meet-me, Conf, and park on the 9971 however I'm running into some issues.

I've read the guide at http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmesoftk.html#wp1011897
and tried to create a voiec register template 1 as below -

voice register template  1

softkeys seized  Redial Endcall Cfwdall Meetme

softkeys connected  Confrn Endcall Hold Park Trnsfer

camera

video

and applied this on the register pool of the 9971 as below -

voice register pool  2

id mac xxxx.xxxx.xxxx

session-transport tcp

type 9971

number 1 dn 2

template 1

dtmf-relay rtp-nte

username user1 password 123456

codec g711ulaw

camera

video

however when I pick up the handset, I do not see any of the options I enabled above - "Redial Endcall Cfwdall Meetme"

Any suggestions will be appreciated.  Thank you.

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

We don't run any 9971's on CME but I did find this an interesting question

It looks like the 9971 is treated differently than other models;

Feature Policy Soft Key Control

Cisco Unified CME 8.5 allows you to control the display of soft keys on  the Cisco Unified SIP IP Phones 8961, 9951, and 9971 using the Feature  Policy template. The Feature Policy template allows you to enable and  disable a list of feature soft keys on Cisco Unified SIP IP Phones 8961,  9951, and 9971. Table 79 lists the controllable feature soft keys with specific feature IDs and  their default state on Cisco Unified SIP IP Phones 8961, 9951, and 9971.

Table 79     Feature IDs and Default State of the Controllable Features

Feature ID
Feature Name
Description
Default State on CME

ForwardAll

Forward all calls

Enabled

Park

Parks a call

Enabled

iDivert

Divert to Voicemail

Enabled

ConfList

Conference List

Disabled

SpeedDial

Abbreviated Dial

Disabled

Callback

Call back

Disabled

Redial

Redial a call

Enabled

Barge

Barge into a call

Enabled

Cisco Unified CME uses the existing softkey command under voice  register template configuration mode to control the controllable  feature soft keys on phones. Cisco Unified CME generates a featurePolicy.xml file for each voice register template configured. The list of controllable soft key configurations are specified in the featurePolicy.xml file.  Phones need to reboot or reset to download the Feature Policy template  file. For Cisco IP phones that do not have a Feature Policy template  assigned to them, you can use the default Feature Policy template file  (featurePolicyDefault.xml file).

As we see above MeetMe is not one of the softkeys that can be modified in this manner,

so then I looked for a different method and found this CUCM doc that speaks directly to Meetme on 9971's

Configure the Meet-Me Option on a Cisco Unified IP Phone 9971

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2156/products_configuration_example09186a0080b9b500.shtml

In this doc we see that in CUCM the following is true;

Configure

The Meet-Me option is configured as a feature button and not as a       soft-key.

For the 9971 device model configuring softkeys is completely different       than the usual 79xx models: the Cisco Unified IP Phone 8961, 9951, and 9971 do       not use softkey templates in Cisco Unified Communications Manager       administration. Here, "feature control policies" are used which allow the       administrator to limit the appearance of features on the Cisco Unified IP Phone       8961, 9951, and 9971 by disabling them in Cisco Unified Communications Manager       administration.

Feature Control Policies allow you to enable or disable a particular       feature, and control the appearance of certain features and softkeys that will       be displayed on the phone. When you disable a feature, the softkeys for the       disabled feature do not appear in any call state.

The Meet-Me feature is a Programmable Feature Button which requires       configuration in Cisco Unified IP Phone administration. The Programmable Line       Keys (PLKs) as SoftKeys feature enables the administrator to provide certain       features to users as either softkeys or buttons on the phone.

These features are now available as either PLKs or SoftKeys:

• Call PickUp

• Mobility

• Malicious Call Trace

• Meet-Me

• Quality Reporting

Because in CME we've previously seen that the Feature Control Policy doesn't include MeetMe

it looks like the only option would be PLK's. So I would try this method in CME;

SIP: Configuring Feature Buttons on a Line Key

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmesoftk.html#wp1035649

Cheers!

Rob

"Your life is worth much more than gold." 

- Bob Marley

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: