Views
Helpful
Replies

Enterprise License Manager Sync Problem

andersson1970
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I have CUCM 9.1 & Enterprise License Manager. I have installed licenses on Enterprise License Manager and in inventory added CUCM.

Everyting worked fine for 20 days, but from yesterday CUCM  is showing below error:-

"The system has not synchronized successfully with Enterprise License Manager for 7 days. If successful synchronization does not occur within the next 53 days, you will no longer be able to provision users and devices."

In Enterprise license manager CUCM status is "Registration Conflict". It also show :-"This product instance is already being managed by another Enterprise License Manager. Product Instances can only be managed by a single Enterprise License Manager. To manage the product instance with this Enterprise License Manager, delete it from this and the other Enterprise License Manager, and then add it to this one."

Also below message is displayed in Enterprise License Manager:-

"Enterprise License Manager is operating in demo mode. Install licenses to cover the licensing requirements of your product instances in order to avoid losing functionality in those products."

Please help to solve this problem.

Regards,

Andy

19 Replies 19

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this a standalone ELM instance? If so make sure the CUCM server was not also added to the local ELM installed with CUCM.

Chris

Hi,

This local ELM installed with CUCM, there is no standalone ELM.

I have only added CUCM to local ELM.

Please help to resolve it.

Regards,

Andy

Hi Neo,

Just a thought : Can't we delete the product instance in CUCM and add a new one , get it SYNC?

regds,

aman

I just installed PLM. I will add my CUCM/CUC servers later on for the license sync. However, as I logged into the PLM console for the first time, I am getting Cisco Prime License Manager is operating in demo mode. Install licenses to cover the licensing requirements of your product instances in order to avoid losing functionality in those products.   

I am confused what license it is talking about. Can someone explain?

It's talking about the product licenses, i.e. CUCM, UCXN, CER. Once you upload one of those the message goes away.

Chris

Great. That means PLM does not require a license of its own such as node licenses correct?

Thanks

Correct.

Thanks a lot Chris.

Hi Guys,

I have the same problem. I used the command  license management reset registration, add again the license, but, the problem persist. I did the synchronization and reboot the server too and the problem continue. The additional information I worked the one server only.

Thanks,

Wilson

I have a similar problem. 

I run a PUB and a SUB server on CUCM 9.1.

my PUB server had a hardware problem so we ran on a backup server for a while and the SUB was running fine. But went to Demo license... now my PUB Is back on line but I can't get it to take over the licensing as it says "This product instance is already being managed by another Enterprise License Manager." 

How can I get it back to my PUB server for licensing?

Thanks!

Hi,

If you have license files, you can delete this  product instance and create a new one and upload/install the licenses again.

regds,

aman

I'd remove all the licenses, the products, issue a

license management reset

And then re-do the whole licensing.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HI,

Will deleting all license, product instance form ELM not affect CUCM performance?

Can it be done in production hours?

Regards,

Andy

Hi Neo,

I have never tried but recommended would be to go for maintenance window.

Further, the message posted says The system has not synchronized successfully with Enterprise License Manager for 7 days. If successful synchronization does not occur within the next 53 days, you will no longer be able to provision users and devices.

This means it can be done but why to take a chance.

regds,

aman