cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Microphones for 8831 Speakerphone

Joseph Spagnoli
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if a third party makes extension microphone cords longer than the Cisco 7' OEM microphone cords that come with the wired microphones?  I have been informed Cisco does not.  I know they offer wireless mics that have a 300' range, however, they are overkill and quite expensive.  On our old digital phone system, we were able to purchase up to 25' extension mic cords for the speakerphones.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

3 Replies 3

vince.castro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Joseph,

Cisco is correct.  The reason behind the 7' cord is that is the optimum distance for those mic's.  Anything large they recommend going to a Diasy chain configuration and you can add 1 more mic to that setup, but thats it.  I will attach Cisco's recommended Deployment models for this device.

With the advent of Cisco's Webex, we tend to use the VoIP for audio and for video we use a laptop Chromecasting to

a big-screen TV. 

We would like to take the audio from the 8831 and send it (wired) up to two wall-mounted speakers on either side of

the big-screen TV for the Webex presentations.

Is there a Cisco VoIP conference phone available with external audio outputs??

the 8831 does not have that feature.

Thanks for any guidance!

MG

Hi Mark,

you can use DX series to connect to the external speaker/microphone. when you connect to an external speaker then it disables the internal speaker.

also, I found below video where you can configure to connect to the external speaker with few models;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkdFlRehPks

Regards,
Shalid

Please rate the post, if useful...
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: