Views
Helpful
Replies

external Calls to UCCX trigger Failing

PenielIpo3099
Level 1
Level 1

I need assistance;

I have a 11.5 su3 CUCM and UCCX 12.0. I have configured UCCX all internal trigger is working. cti port registered.

I also have an ISDN PRI with 100 number range. the current setup is that the first number range is translated to the CUCM DN. The rest of the numbers in the range is unused.

Is it possible to use one of the numbers in the range and point it to the trigger? I have pointed one of the number range and pointed it to my CUCM extension and its working, however, when I replace my number with the UCCX trigger, its not working. Am i missing something? Please assist what to do.

21 Replies 21

Please refer attached as requested.

From your shared configuration I can see that you have not set the voip dial peers to use the configured codec list. With this your dial peers are still set to use g729. Please configure the voip dial peers, both number 1 and 1000 to use the codec list as both me and @TechLvr has suggested a few times.

Response Signature

@PenielIpo3099 Besides the items that Roger requested, can you please share the output of following commands on your gateway while dial your UCCX number from outside? 

debug voice ccapi inout
debug ccsip messages

please refer attached

@PenielIpo3099 Though the SIP logs that you sent are incomplete, they do contain enough info to show that the issue is related to codec mismatch (Reason: Q.850;cause=47).

Please apply the following changes to your gateway as I previously suggested to both dial peer 1 and dial peer 1000. This will resolve the codec mismatch issue.

voice class codec 10
codec preference 1 g711ulaw
codec preference 2 g711alaw
codec preference 3 g729r8
!
dial-peer voice 1 voip
voice-class codec 10
no vad
!
dial-peer voice 1000 voice
voice-class codec 10

I understand that you do have a transcoder configured but it is not triggered possibly due to misconfiguration. As I mentioned before, you don't need a transcoder in your scenario. Please apply the changes I provided above and test again. If for some reason, the calls still fail, please share the output of "debug ccsip messages" and your new gateway configs (after the change). 

See below the ladder diagram of the SIP traces you provided, and the call disconnect reason code.

TechLvr_0-1664765204223.png

THIS SOLVED THE PROBLEM. I CONFIGURED CODEC ON THE VGW BUT NOT ON THE DIAL-PEER. I ALLOWED CODEC ON THE dial-peer voice1000 and this solved the problem. 

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. ITS WORKING NOW. 

Sound advice, in fact I would extend that to be set on both of the voip dial peers in the shared configuration. Not having a codec list or a hard coded codec on voip dial peers are a bad practice as that would as you say have them use g729. On top of this I would also recommend to put no vad on all voip dial peers to turn off VAD, however that is not really related to the issue at hand.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: