Replies

FAC and CMC

tiger_401
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am running call manager 9.1.

I need to apply a policy in such a way that for example:

If any user who dials any mobile number or international number he should be prompted to ask for the pin or security code.

Please guide me the best way to accomplish this task.

I will be very thankful for your support.

Regards,

Malik

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi Malik,

You can do this by creating two different Route patterns  as already done  and assigning them in different partitions. Similarly, assigning these different partitions to two different users.

Since FAC codes are unique, then, user cannot dial unless they are shared.

Like Route pattern 1 assigned in Partion 1 . User 1 assigned in CSS1 consisting of Parttion 1 .Dials by pressing 8.mobile number

Similarly for user 2 ---CSS2---Partition2 and Route Pattern 2 in parttion2 .Dials by pressing 9.mobile number

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

CUCM has no idea which user needs to dial a code or not, it only know is shouls ask for FAC/CMC to whoever tries to call via a RP that has either/both checkboxes checked.

So, if you don't want to do this for all users, you'll need two separate route patterns as Aman explained.

This is also explained in the very first document that was provided:

Now since we have 3 users configured with Forced Authorization Codes, we will now proceed to modify

and place a restriction in our route patterns so that when a User dials a certain string of numbers

matching a certain route pattern configured to require a Force Authorization Code/Authorization Level

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Hi Malik,

You wont' be able to do since u are selecting the Phone model while configuring device profile.

regds,

aman

22 Replies 22

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Malik,

You can go for FAC . The same needs to be applied to Route Patterns[in your case, mobile or international number]

Refer this link for FAC config.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/4113-102-2-11871/Forced_Code_authorization-pdf.pdf

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

thanks a lot for your response. i really appreciate.

the think is that i need a policy in such a way that each user should be promoted for code but i have to assign a different code for each user.

For example each user should have his own force authentication code

Please let me know if you have any question so i can explain better.

Regards,

Malik.

Hi Malik,

Please look into this URL where similar question was asked.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3925842#3925842

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

thank for your reply i have gone through the post.

Lets summarize it.

For example i have two users with mobile access .

I will check mark the option in route pattern for the mobile partition with authorization code 1

but i need to know how i can assign different code for individual user.

Regards,

Malik.

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Malik,

You need to create for each user.

If u refer the link I have send on page 3, u can find there.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

I do understand this thing.

I assigned two different users with two different codes for mobile dialing.

But my question is that how come the call manger knows that this user should dial this code.

I tested in the same way you informed in the document but both the users can use each other codes to dial mobile.

Please gudie me how i can fix this issue.

Regards,

Malik.

Hi Malik,

You can do this by creating two different Route patterns  as already done  and assigning them in different partitions. Similarly, assigning these different partitions to two different users.

Since FAC codes are unique, then, user cannot dial unless they are shared.

Like Route pattern 1 assigned in Partion 1 . User 1 assigned in CSS1 consisting of Parttion 1 .Dials by pressing 8.mobile number

Similarly for user 2 ---CSS2---Partition2 and Route Pattern 2 in parttion2 .Dials by pressing 9.mobile number

regds,

aman

CUCM has no idea which user needs to dial a code or not, it only know is shouls ask for FAC/CMC to whoever tries to call via a RP that has either/both checkboxes checked.

So, if you don't want to do this for all users, you'll need two separate route patterns as Aman explained.

This is also explained in the very first document that was provided:

Now since we have 3 users configured with Forced Authorization Codes, we will now proceed to modify

and place a restriction in our route patterns so that when a User dials a certain string of numbers

matching a certain route pattern configured to require a Force Authorization Code/Authorization Level

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Thanks Jaime

dojoy
Level 1
Level 1

If your objective is to monitor people making international and nation calls, why cant you use Extension mobility service and use CDR report to pull out the information.

thanks dojoy

please you please guide me how i can enable/configure ext mobility

Regards,

Malik

Hi Aman,

It is such a great document that i cant thank in words.

Thanks for your amazing support.

Regards,

Malik.

Hi Aman,

I have configured all the steps menstioned in the doc

but still when i press the services button on the ip pohne it says no service configured.

Any idea what could be the issue.

Regards,

Malik.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: