Views
Helpful
Replies

FAC issue

salman abid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have just configured FAC (forced authorization code) by using CUCM 8.5.1 for 3 extensions of our remote site, in which 2 are cisco6941 IP phones and one is analog cordless phone.

FAC is working properly on cisco ip phones but the users are remote sites are not able to get FAC on cordless phone

My question is this

will FAC works with analog phones or it will only works with IP phones??????

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Abid,

The FAC and CMC tones can only be played on phones that are running SCCP, TAPI/JTAPI ports, and MGCP FXS ports.

For more details, u can refer the link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsfaccmc.html#wpxref15243

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Also ensure the cptone is set for US on the ports as it does not work with other cptones, at least a lot of them.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Abid,

The FAC and CMC tones can only be played on phones that are running SCCP, TAPI/JTAPI ports, and MGCP FXS ports.

For more details, u can refer the link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmfeat/fsfaccmc.html#wpxref15243

regds,

aman

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Also ensure the cptone is set for US on the ports as it does not work with other cptones, at least a lot of them.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I had a query in my mind : if we have Cisco VG224 which has FXS ports and is working on SCCP ,installed in U.S.  , can we achieve FAC for these analog ports?

Please advice.

regds,

aman

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes.

Thanks a lot for reply(+5).

regds,

aman