cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Factory reset 7841

mumbles202
Level 5
Level 5

Working on a CUCM 11.5 deployment where the common phone profile was updated to disable users access to the admin settings as well as disable web access.  Phone was previously deployed, then removed from the system and deleted from CUCM.  Now the phone boots up, but is stuck on attempting to register.  If you go into preferences the option for Admin Settings is gone so I can't factory reset it that way.  Is there another procedure that works to reset these phones?  I'm remote so will have to walk someone through the reset process if one exists.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You simply need to google: cisco 7841 factory reset, there's even a video

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You simply need to google: cisco 7841 factory reset, there's even a video

HTH

java

Thanks. I had tried walking them through that procedure but they said the phone just reboot but went back to same status of attempting to register.

Thanks. I had tried walking them through that procedure but they said the phone just reboot but went back to same status of attempting to register.

If done correctly, the phone will look for a DHCP and for the TFTP in option 150 to try to register, that is expected. You need to have the DHCP and TFTP ready for a factory reset.

HTH

java

I sent the onsite staff the following: 

• Remove power to the phone
  • Press and hold the # key
  • Reconnect power to the phone while still holding the # key
  • Release the # key when the light on Mute goes off
  • Press 123456789*0#
  • Wait for phone to reset and come back up

User onsite said the phone rebooted and came back up and remained at Registration in Progress.  I checked the switch configuration, confirmed the phone is getting an ip from the right pool as the remaining phones which includes option 150.  I'll take another look at it tomorrow though.

Went onsite Friday and was able to get this done. Holding the # key prior to reconnecting the power didn't work as the phone wouldn't ever boot until I released the # (the mute light never came on, and I waited a good few minutes multiple times to make sure I didn't miss it). Found that connecting the power and then pressing the # right away worked for me.

This does NOT work. The mute light never comes on for it to go off.