cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fast Busy with ATA 186 after CUCM 9.1.2 Migration

dan hale
Level 3
Level 3

Not sure if I should be posting this in the UC migration but, we just Migrated from CUCMBE 5k (6.1) edition to CUCM 6k (9.1.2)

The migration went well with the exception of 5 ATA 186 at our remote site. Our setup is this:

PSTN----> Site1 with CUCM 9.1 server and Phones ------Metro e---> Site 2 with Phones with 5 ATA 186

The metro e is a routed link and each site has a seperate device pool, location and CSS. Site 2 registers with Site 1's CUCM 9.

When users try to use the analog phones I get dial tone but, as soon as I dial out I get a fast busy. Dialing in via PSTN and internally I get a fast busy.

The odd thing is, is if I set site 2's device pool to the device pool of site 1 for the ATA's....no more fast busy. This seems to only effect the ATA's the rest of the VOIP phones dont have this issue when they are in site 2's device pool. I also have about 10 ATA's at site 1 without any issues.

All ATA's are running ATA030204SCCP090202A with the exception of about two that are running ATA030203SCCP051201A firmware.

Has anyone one run into this issue. I dont know why the device pool would cause this issue with just the ATA's at one site....assuming the device pool has somthing to do with it.

Thanks,

Dan

1 Reply 1

Hi,

Can you post the screenshots of the two device pool configurations?

Thanks!

Regards,

RJ