Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax fails when transfer starts on 2921 FXS

chalmersdc
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having a weird problem with faxing using the 2921 series router with a 4 port FXS card. This is a new site install in South Africa .You can succesfully make the outbound call from the FXS port and the other end will answer and the intial conenction works, as soon as the transfer starts the call drops:

Here is the config from the router:

interface Serial0/0/0:15
no ip address
encapsulation hdlc
isdn switch-type primary-net5
isdn incoming-voice voice
isdn send-alerting
isdn sending-complete
no cdp enable

voice-port 0/0/0:15
no comfort-noise
cptone ZA
!
voice-port 0/1/0
cptone ZA
!
dial-peer voice 210 pots
service default
destination-pattern 674699
port 0/1/0
!
dial-peer voice 201 pots
destination-pattern 9T
direct-inward-dial
port 0/0/0:15
!

Any suggestions as to why it is dropping?

Thanks in advance

David

18 Replies 18

It's easier to test the configuration workaround than to upgrade.  Especially since the user likely does not need Cisco Fax Relay to begin with.  But, as you wish:

fixed in:

15.0(1)M2
15.1(1)T
15.1(1)XB1

I've got a 3925 with 151-2.T2 and had the same issue. Couldn;t do a bug lookup on that ID but the work around resolved my issue. I also had out of DSP resources but had plenty on the router.

thanks

Hi,

I think I'm having same issue one router 2921 but with BRI's connected to PSTN instead of E1. Some of the BRI's are one the EVM module  where FXS ports are and others BRI's  are in VIC2-2BRI -NT/TE.

No local-bypass  command is realy necessary?

with  these  router commands i will have to config fax  machine speed to 14400 ?

Thanks

Best Regards

MC

You are getting no circut /channel not availabnle error that mean you dont have channel for this call (this could be pyscial or itsp problem) Please reach out the your itsp should  check their end. Its not related media resource issue.