Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax Migration options

RamKumar40563
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

One of our customer is moving from Cisco UC setup to Zoom Enterprise calling, we are in the process of helping them with Migration. We have a requirement of moving the fax lines which are currently connected to our VG2921 & VG310.

The call flow is Inbound Fax via PRI --> VG 2921 (MGCP) --> CUCM --> VG310 with 24FXs ports.

we have fax machines connected to VG310 for inbound and outbound faxing. We are looking for options to move the fax lines attached to the PRI's. In other words, Is it possible to integrate VG2921 & VG310 directly or through Righftax?

We also have a Rightfax server working with CUCM trough SIP Trunk, but that will also needs be configured to directly work with our VG2921, since CUCM will be shutdown post migration to Zoom.

Any suggestions provided would be appreciated.

Regards

Ram Kumar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

you can connect vg2921 and vg310 using sip integration.  i understand your 2921 is mgcp and i assume vg310 is also mgcp? both needs to be converted to sip. 

also your vg2921 can be directly pointed to right fax. again 2921 must be an h323 or sip for this to work.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

you can connect vg2921 and vg310 using sip integration.  i understand your 2921 is mgcp and i assume vg310 is also mgcp? both needs to be converted to sip. 

also your vg2921 can be directly pointed to right fax. again 2921 must be an h323 or sip for this to work.

Hi Vijendra,

Thank you for your response!!

Both our VG2921 & VG310 are using MGCP at the moment. converting them to use SIP seems like a viable option. however, customer is planning to Migrate completely from Cisco to Zoom. Also, all numbers connected to PRI's will be moved to Zoom circuits during migration.

We have planned to use Efax and move the fax number to Rightfax, this way we can get rid of the dependency on VG2921 & VG310.

Thank you for your suggestion, appreciate it!!

Regards

Ram Kumar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: