cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax server help

mwatson
Level 1
Level 1

We have our PRI's coming to our 2950 some of the DID's that are attached to the PRI's are for our GFI Faxmaker server.  This server uses a Brooketrout TR114+P4C card 2 ports loop-start ports 0-1 and 2 ports DID ports 2-3.  On the 2950 router I have a port 0 of the brooktrout plugged into port 0/1/2 of the VIC-4FXS/DID card.  Fax server will send and recieve all calls.  Issues is the router is not sending the digits to the fax server so that it knows who is supposed to get the fax.  I do a debug and I see the called number is correct but I am lost after that.  So two things here is the card we have correct inour old building it was hooked up to a ISND line that our Provider no longer supports.  If card is good what am I missing?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to say. "The fax work but they get sent to the default account" As far as I can see the trace you sent me says the call is connected to 0442. port 0/1/2.

But since you say you are using GFI fax server, I beleive thats should be a voip connection. The call is not connecting to the voip dial-peer. Where is the GFI fax server connected to?

From the trace when the call was route to dial-peer 22, it got rejected..

un 29 2012 13:46:24.968 MDT: //154577/F1A9F8699426/CCAPI/ccCallSetAAA_Accounting:

Accounting=1, Call Id=154577

Jun 29 2012 13:46:24.968 MDT: //154577/F1A9F8699426/CCAPI/ccCallDisconnect:

Cause Value=21, Tag=0x0, Call Entry(Previous Disconnect Cause=0, Disconnect Cause=21)

Cause Value=21, Call Entry(Responsed=TRUE, Cause Value=21)

What is this ip address? 172.16.17.22. Is that where the call should be sent to for the GFI server?

Please rate all useful posts

"There is a wideness in God's mercy Like the wideness of the sea.There's a kindness in His justice Which is more than liberty"

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you send a sh run of your router and a debug voip ccapi inout.

Please rate useful posts

"For the love of God is broader than the measure of man's mind And the heart of the Eternal is most wonderfully kind"

mwatson
Level 1
Level 1

Here you go.

Thanks

Hi,

From your debug the call actually gets connected. The voice gateway actually sends the correct digit (0442) to port 0/1/2.

I suggest you connect an analogue phone to that port and place a test call. Test that the phone rings and you can answer the call. This will confirm that evrything is working with the analogue config.

Secondly, I cant see any fax configuration on your gateway. Which means that your gateway will attempt to use the default cisco fax relay. This will not work because according to the GFI FAX Server documentation....see below

"The system works by “wrapping” the standard T30 fax data inside a T38 protocol, which works over IP networks. The fax can then be delivered to the destination using standard IP routing. Faxes can be transmitted through VoIP gateways too if you use them"

Hence, for this to work you need to configure T.38 standard based protocol on your router.

Please rate useful posts

"For the love of God is broader than the measure of man's mind And the heart of the Eternal is most wonderfully kind"

Yes the faxes are coming in they just get sent to the default account because the GFI is not seeing what digits to send too. Now as per your second part this is in the config:

voice service voip

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback none

h323

h225 display-ie ccm-compatible

call preserve

dial-peer voice 420 pots

destination-pattern 04[2-5].

direct-inward-dial

port 0/1/2

forward-digits all

voice service voip
fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback none
h323
h225 display-ie ccm-compatible
call preserve

So the T.38 protocol is there now could the issue be that the dial-peer was setup as a POTS and not a VOIP?

dial-peer voice 420 pots
destination-pattern 04[2-5].
direct-inward-dial
port 0/1/2
forward-digits all

Thanks for the help.

I am not sure I understand what you are trying to say. "The fax work but they get sent to the default account" As far as I can see the trace you sent me says the call is connected to 0442. port 0/1/2.

But since you say you are using GFI fax server, I beleive thats should be a voip connection. The call is not connecting to the voip dial-peer. Where is the GFI fax server connected to?

From the trace when the call was route to dial-peer 22, it got rejected..

un 29 2012 13:46:24.968 MDT: //154577/F1A9F8699426/CCAPI/ccCallSetAAA_Accounting:

Accounting=1, Call Id=154577

Cause Value=21, Tag=0x0, Call Entry(Previous Disconnect Cause=0, Disconnect Cause=21)

Cause Value=21, Call Entry(Responsed=TRUE, Cause Value=21)

What is this ip address? 172.16.17.22. Is that where the call should be sent to for the GFI server?

"There is a wideness in God's mercy Like the wideness of the sea.There's a kindness in His justice Which is more than liberty"

yes the GFI fax maker is getting the call it is coming in as a Ring not a DID so I think GFI does not get the 4 digits.  Anyway since GFI does not know who to email the fax to I get it.

The server at 172.16.17.22 is our subscriber server for call manager.

I will try to change dial-peer to a voip and test.

Thank you

I am having to look at a different setup here as the Brooktrout card will not take the POTS line and I can not config as a VOIP.  So I am looking to config it as a VOIP line and setup a virtual Fax server.  Thank you for your help.