cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forward inbound fax from one voice port to another

John.McCartney1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a router with two fax's on them ports 0/0/2 (fax-A)  & 0/0/3 (Fax-B). Fax machine on 0/0/2 can't print so I'm trying to send Fax-A# to Fax-B# until a service call cant fix physical Fax-A.

Here's what I've tried:

voice translation-rule 8877
 rule 10 /4296/ /8877/        (4296 is number on Fax-A voice-port 0/0/2, 8877 is number on Fax-B vpoce-port 0/0/3 where I want faxes to go for a couple of days)

!

voice translation-profile XFER_8877
 translate called 8877

!

!
voice-port 0/0/2
!
voice-port 0/0/3

!

dial-peer voice 402 pots
 translation-profile incoming XFER_8877
 destination-pattern 4296$
 port 0/0/2
!
dial-peer voice 403 pots
 destination-pattern 8877$
 port 0/0/3

When I call 4296 it goes off-hook on 0/0/2 and not 0/0/3

What am i doing wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Johnny,

why are you not sending all incoming faxes to fax-a to fax-b using num-exp 4296 8877 and temporarily remove the dial-peer 402?

Or am I missing something?

HTH

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Johnny,

why are you not sending all incoming faxes to fax-a to fax-b using num-exp 4296 8877 and temporarily remove the dial-peer 402?

Or am I missing something?

HTH

Thanks Mark, that did it. I forgot about num-exp being considered before a DP. Keep it simple right.

simple is good, i like simple

The translation you have will be triggered on the inbound direction, IE for calls from fax-a. From your description it sounds like you want to translate all calls to fax-a to send them on to fax-b, to do that you need to put the translation at an earlier place in the call flow.

But instead of mucking around with translations the absolute easiest way to achieve this would in my book be to change the port on your dial peer to the port with the operational fax machine.

dial-peer voice 402 pots
 destination-pattern 4296$
 port 0/0/3

Sincerely

Roger

Response Signature

Hi Roger - yeah you're right. I used the num-exp for now but that would do it too.

Hi John,

There are always more then one way to skin a cat :) Glad that you got it to work.

Please rate all useful post.

Sincerely

Roger

Response Signature