Views
Helpful
Replies

Forward voicemail and Forward busy tone

TECH-JEFF
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have an extension who has 2 lines with the same extension. So basically if she's on the line 1, when another incoming call comes in, it goes to line 2 and she'll be able to see who's calling. But what happens now is that when another incoming call comes in line 2, it just forwards directly to the voicemail. I checked the extensioin's settings and both of the following are ticked:

Forward Busy Internal

Forward Busy External

I unticked both and this time as soon as a second incoming call comes in, it sounded a busy tone after the first ring. 

Any idea how to solve this?

Thanks

Jeff

Jefferson Co
9 Replies 9

Les Pruden
Level 4
Level 4

Hey Jeff -

You're likely hitting the busy trigger. 

The Busy Trigger will route any call that exceeds this to the Forward Busy target.

Multiple Call/Call Waiting Settings on Device SEP001BD46032E7

Note:The range to select the Max Number of calls is: 1-6
Required Field
Required Field  (Less than or equal to Max. Calls)

Hi Les Pruden,

Thanks for the response, I checked the settings for the screenshot you gave and it gives me:

Max number of calls is set to: 4

Busy Triigers is set to: 1

Thanks

Jeff

Jefferson Co

Hi Les Pruden,

I unticked both check boxes on his line 1 and modified the Busy Trigger from 1 to 2. It worked but whenever a 2nd incoming call comes, instead of just hitting on line 2 to automatically get the 2nd incoming call and place the ine 1 on hold, she needs to manually hit on pick up button and that's the only time she can pick up 2nd incoming call and automatically place line 1 on hold.

Thanks

Jef

Jefferson Co

Is the 2nd extension in a different partition? This is one way to accomplish this. Make sure the Call Forward Busy Internal/External CSS assigned to the first extension has the partition of the 2nd extension. CSS assigned to all other phones would only have the partition assigned to the first extension. The set forward busy internal/external for the 1st extension to the 2nd. An easier approach would be to assign a different number to the second extension and forward busy 1st to 2nd.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Yes line 1 and line 2 have different route partition. 

As for the Call Forward Busy Internal and External, both check boxes are ticked. but nothing on the CSS. Creating a number for line 2 is currently not an option to the user. I don't know what happened but the user is saying that she only have one extension on both lines and it has been working fine eversince. 

Thanks

Jeff

Jefferson Co

Set call forward CSS for line one to a CSS that contains the partition assigned to the second DN.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

I'll try your solution. Just an FYI, the user can now pick up the 2nd incoming call but not by pressing the line 2 button but the pickup button. Let me recap what happened. 

User1 has only 1 extension i.e 8888 but this extension was set to Line 1 and Line 2 (I'm assuming she's using a 4 liner Cisco phone). So as of the moment, she can now pick up the 2nd incoming call by hitting on the "pick up" button then it will automatically set the 1st caller to hold which is normal since she only have 1 extension. This has been resolved after "Busy Trigger" was set from 1 to 2.

I'm guessing that in order for her not to press on the "pick up" button and press directly Line 2 if she has a different extension or is it really possible to have 1 extension set to Line 1 and Line 2 and without pressing the "pick up" button and directly press on Line 2 to accept 2nd incoming call and putting 1st call to hold. 

Thanks

Jefferson Co

Hi Brandon,

I try your suggestion but unsuccessful.

Thanks

Jefferson Co

Issue has been resolved. I removed/unticked both Forward Busy internal/external and put in tthe same extension on the destination and as Brandon's suggestion to change the CSS.

Thanks

Jefferson Co