Views
Helpful
Replies

G729 Region calls to H323GW one side busy tone

D_Lebedev
Level 3
Level 3

Good day.

Just accidentally faced with problem,strange for me.

We have 2 Regions,with  G711 and G729 codecs.

GW (3945) with H323 dial peers to remote sides.

When call initiates from phone with G711 region,it is ok.

When calling phone from G792 region,it fails with busy tone.

I've created Transcoders and MTP for G792 region also,but it did not solve the problem.

What can it be?

Which debugs should i check?

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to describe your topology in more detail. Where is the transcoder registered to? You mention dial peers which implies the phone call goes to the GW first (H323 GW) and then is sent to another destination, unless the transcoder is registered locally to telephony-service on the GW it will not be assigned it is registered to CUCM.  What is the far end destination, is it another remote location of off the same cluster, another customer, PSTN? Please post your GW config as well.

Chris

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It could be a few things..

1. What is the codec configured on the inbound dial-peer to the gateway. do you have voice class codec configured with multiple codecs advertised including G729

2. If the destination is a VOIP leg, then what codec are you using

3. If you have configured a xcoder, what is the codec seet between the xcoder and the endpoint that needs to invoke it. A traditional xcoder must have atleast one leg of it to be G711

4. You can use debug h225 asn1 and debug h245 asn1 to see capabilities negotiation

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts

johchen
Level 1
Level 1

i dont.think you need xcd for this scenario. you need assign a voice–class code with both 711 and 729.and.the gateway should in 711region.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

jochen you may be right, but you assumed few things, it was never explained what the far side destination is, what system and how it is defined on that side.

Chris