Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting intermittent beeps during a voice call

furqan_ahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have UCM 7.0 and Cisco Unified IP phone 7965G. Whenever I dial some external number I get intermittent beeps during the conversation. Both parties listen to that beep and it comes randomly i.e. sometimes after 30 seconds and sometimes after 2 or 3 minutes.

I checked on Cisco website, they say it might happen if call monitoring or call recording is enabled. I am not using any call monitoring and recording.

Any suggestions.

Thanks.

19 Replies 19

Hi Furqan,

I am facing the same problem as you were.We have migrated to CUCM 7.1.2 setup from Nortel.

But this kind of behaviour was not observed earlier.

Any clues..

Would really apreciate if you could share the resolution for this.

Thanks!

Hi Dinesh,

Well I have worked with Cisco and Telecom Carrier in this region. I think that this is coming from Provider side as per the voice gateway logs. Futhermore, if you check show controller e1 command on voice gateway, you will find lots of path code violations, and couple of unvailable and severe errors which is due to the frame synchonization loss with the service provider.

In a nutshell, I am still waiting for the Telecom provider to come back to me as they are working on their side.

For your information, it is not the Cisco IPT that is getting beeps. I and others are getting the same thing on their mobile to mobile calls as well as in local calls. This makes us a bit more sure that the problem is from Carrier/ Telecom provider switch.

Regards

Furqan.

Hi Furgan,

We are having the same issue wit a customer, did you get to resolve this issue???

Thanks,

Has anyone found a solution?

I'm pretty sure its not the call recording. We've had our system deployed for over 3 years and the beeps/chirps just started happening. The beeps also occur intermittently, occurring anywhere from a few hours to a few days apart.

I've tried changing headsets, sound cards and an FXO card on a voip gateway. still no fix. only thing left to change are routers, switches and maybe t1 circuits. Anyone have a clue what's going on?

Jon Clark1
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar issue yesterday where callers were hearing a high pitched beep during calls. It was for only one particular area code so we opened a ticket with the Telco and they resolved the issue. Gather facts to save yourself time in troubleshooting.

-JC