cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Going From a uck9 Evaluation License to a Permanent License

j.horner
Level 1
Level 1

I had a rush install for a 2911 router with 15.X ios for a customer and the uck9 license pak key for unified communications functionality was misplaced and I had to install an evalutions license to keep up with the schedule. I now have the permanent license file and I'm wondering if I can tftp the file and activate the permanent license without having to reboot the router.

Thanks,

Jim

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Reloads are always necessary when activating licenses on ISR G2 routers.

You can schedule it for a conveniente time.

j.horner
Level 1
Level 1

Paolo,

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Jim

ruch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Would it be possible to share the permanent license key file or please guide me to download it. 

License files are created by Cisco and are individual unique per device. So even if anyone would be willing to share it with you, which I doubt, it would not work for you.

Response Signature

Thank you for the response. 

Can you please provide any guide to solve this issue. 

Index 3 Feature: uck9
Period left: 6 weeks 0 day
Period Used: 2 weeks 3 days
License Type: EvalRightToUse
License State: Active, In Use
License Count: Non-Counted
License Priority: Low

============================================

#show license EULA
Feature name EULA Accepted
------------ -------------
ipbasek9 n/a
securityk9 yes
uck9 yes
datak9 no
NtwkEssSuitek9 no
CollabProSuitek9 no
ios-ips-update no
SNASw no
hseck9 n/a
cme-srst yes
mgmt-plug-and-play n/a
mgmt-lifecycle n/a
mgmt-assurance n/a
mgmt-onplus n/a
mgmt-compliance n/a

Thank you in advance

As you do not outline what your issue actually is I’m guessing here that your issue is that the uck9 license shows as “EvalRightToUse”? If that’s not your issue please describe it in your own words instead of posting output from show commands. This document outlines what is required for licenses on various platforms, https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/sw_activation/SA_on_ISR.html

Typically a EvalRightToUse would automatically be set to RightToUse at the end of the evaluation period without any steps needed from your end.

Response Signature

Hi,

Sorry, Its my mistake. according to the outcome uck9 license is about to expire in 6 weeks and it is shows as EvalRightToUse" mode. 

I wants to know how to convert it as RightToUse method.

I wanted to confirm whether i need to do any changes from my end. 

Since you have said it will automatically convert the  license then that would be an answer to my question. 

Thank you 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: