cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Group Pickup CUCM Problem

mcgeehonjp
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CUCM 10.5.2.   I have configured a Call Pickup and added a few people into it and am able to pickup calls to this group from any other person within the group.

The problem is that I want to pickup calls to this group from someone outside of this group using the Group Call Pickup or GPickup button.  However, it seems that if I press the gpickup or Group Pickup Button on a DN/line that is not a member of an existing pickup group, I get a failure message or error tone.  However if the line is a member of another pickup group, then I am able to pickup a call in another pickup group using the group pickup button.

I must be missing something. You can't possibly have to add every single person in your organization to a pickup group to be able to answer calls within another pickup group?  Tell me this isn't how it was designed?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Cisco Unified Communications Manager uses the associated group mechanism to control the privilege of a user who wants to pick up an incoming call by using Directed Call Pickup. The associated group of a user specifies one or more call pickup groups that are associated to the pickup group to which the user belongs.

If a user wants to pick up a ringing call from a DN directly, the associated groups of the user must contain the pickup group to which the DN belongs. If two users belong to two different call pickup groups and the associated groups of the users do not contain the call pickup group of the other user, the users cannot invoke Directed Call Pickup to pick up calls from each other.

refer below link for more on the same.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_5_2/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_C3A84B33_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_1052/CUCM_BK_C3A84B33_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_chapter_011011.html#CUCM_CN_DFE49622_00

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Cisco Unified Communications Manager uses the associated group mechanism to control the privilege of a user who wants to pick up an incoming call by using Directed Call Pickup. The associated group of a user specifies one or more call pickup groups that are associated to the pickup group to which the user belongs.

If a user wants to pick up a ringing call from a DN directly, the associated groups of the user must contain the pickup group to which the DN belongs. If two users belong to two different call pickup groups and the associated groups of the users do not contain the call pickup group of the other user, the users cannot invoke Directed Call Pickup to pick up calls from each other.

refer below link for more on the same.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_5_2/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_C3A84B33_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_1052/CUCM_BK_C3A84B33_00_cucm-feature-configuration-guide_chapter_011011.html#CUCM_CN_DFE49622_00