cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help changing default domain on IM & Presence Server

voip7372
Level 4
Level 4

Has anyone successfully changed the 'default domain' (Presence > Settings > Advanced Configuration) on the IM and Presence server?  I followed the directions in the documentation, but no matter what I do, I can't get the page to make the options available to change.  The options I need to change are always grayed out as if I'm not allowed to change it.  I only have one IM and Presence server. 

The list of services the documents say to stop don't match the services I see available on the Serviceability page for the IM and Presence server.  I tried stopping EVERY service on the IM and Presence server, but the options are still grayed out on that page where you change the default domain.  (this is the domain that shows up on your Jabber client as the IM address).  

The docs say to stop the Cisco Sync Agent service, but I don't see that and I don't see a few of the other services it says to stop.  I checked the CUCM servers too in case it was talking about something on the CUCM server (though I think this is only referring to the IM and Presence server) and I didn't see any service named like that on CUCM either. 

Here's the procedure the documentation says to follow, but it's not working for me.

Procedure
Step 1 Stop the following services on all IM and Presence Service nodes in your cluster in the order listed:
• Cisco Client Profile Agent
• Cisco XCP Router
Note When you stop the Cisco XCP Router, all XCP feature service is automatically stopped.
• Cisco Sync Agent
• Cisco SIP Proxy
• Cisco Presence Engine

Step 2 On the IM and Presence Service database publisher node, perform the following steps to configure the new
domain value:
a) Choose Cisco Unified CM IM and Presence Administration > Presence > Settings > Advanced
Configuration.
b) Choose Default Domain.
c) In the Domain Name field, enter the new presence domain and click Save.
A system update can take up to 1 hour to complete. If the update fails, the Re-try button appears. Click
Re-try to reapply the changes or click Cancel.

Step 3 On all nodes in the cluster, manually start all services that had been stopped at the beginning of this procedure.
On every node in the cluster, manually restart any XCP feature services that were previously running.

6 Replies 6

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

Not an immediate answer, but watch out for BugID CSCuq16135 ( "Unable to reassign users' home node after changing presence domain")

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Ok, thanks.   For now we only have 4 or less users defined that use the IM and Presence server.  It's in the early stages.   I use it often for Jabber and I'm usually the only one registered at any time.  Before I tried to make the change, I logged out of Jabber too.  I was hoping to get this changed before we need to roll out Jabber to a lot of people, but I've had no luck in being able to get this changed. 

I got the domain changed, but now I have to figure out what I did to break the presence status.  ;-)   I can see my own status change on Jabber if I go off hook on my desk phone, but I can no longer see the status (no status at all) of the other people I have as contacts in Jabber.  In the past, I would see their status and see it change when they were in use on their desk phone for example.

Edit:

It sort of works.  It seems different than before though.  If the person is not on a call, the status indicator is gray like the person is offline (maybe that's really normal for phone status only, not a user logged in with Jabber).  However, when the contact uses the desk phone, the status changes so that the indicator on my Jabber client is yellow and the status message for that person says 'Offline, on a call'.   Seems like in the past the status indicator was always green when the person was not using the phone, then it would change to yellow when they're on a call.  

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

When I did this, I think I just stopped the services in "Control Center - Feature Services", rather than service activation. (But it was a while ago...)

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Ok.  I can try that tomorrow morning.  Seems like would be the same either way, but I can try it via the control center instead of the service activation page and see if it makes any difference.  

voip7372
Level 4
Level 4

I figured this out.  The documentation should be a little more clear.  It's a mixture of Network Services page and Feature Services page.  You have to stop the services on the Network Services page and then go to the Feature Services page to find the rest of the services to stop.   Once you do that, you're able to edit the entries on the Presence > Settings > Advanced Configuration page.