Views
Helpful
Replies

hide internal numbers (extension no ) ID on call manager

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

hi all

how to hide internal numbers when i calling any one, i mean my no 1000 want to call 1001 , but i need 1000 dose not appear when i call 1001, show as private no.

i follow up with below URL but i thunk there is some thing messing

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/can-you-hide-internal-numbers-id-on-call-manager/td-p/2526971

i use CUCM 12

16 Replies 16

Would the restriction be for both internal and external calls? If so, there is an easier way to do this using the "Caller ID For Calls From This Phone" setting on the phones.

1. Create a "CallerID_Xform_PT" and put that in a "CallerID_Xform_CSS"
  2. Create a Calling Party Transformation Pattern. The pattern would be ! (exclamation point) in the CallerID_Xform_PT, and the only other setting you would need would be "Calling Line ID Presentation" set to "Restricted"
  3. If you want this setting to be global, add the CallerID_Xform_CSS to the "Caller ID For Calls From This Phone" setting at the Device Pool level. Or, you can add this setting on a case-by-case basis by configuring the same setting on individual phones.

HTH

Maren

Create partition >>> test

create a calling search space>> css_test and add above partition to this css.

Create a translation pattern 1XXX., with partition test. Since my DN's  are in internal partition, translation pattern should have access to internal partition.

Untitled.pngUntitled1.png

Go to phone>> DN>> assign the CSS test.

Untitled3.png

Now if you call 1001 you will have restricted calling information.

Screenshot 2022-02-22 183040.png

Response Signature

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

hi all,

thanks for your reply, but i feel a little confused about 2 reply
appreciate your support to see my attached images for my current setting to see what I`m missing

Hide css Must  have only the hide partition remove other partition..

Response Signature

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

anyone to help?

I used translation profile and @Maren Mahoney suggested to use calling party transformation..

it’s basically two different way of doing it.. 

Response Signature

thanks, Nithin for your reply,

if I follow with Maren's steps, what i miss ?  

You should get the same end result. It’s simply two different ways to get this done.

Response Signature

hi Roger,

thanks for reply, but i followed up with  Maren's steps,my extension is 1000 and i tried to call 1001 , it not hide my extension no, it only drop the call, i asked for hiding my extension no when i calling 

Hi Ahmed,
I just tried with @Maren Mahoney suggestion on one phone and it works as expected. This is an outline of what I did.

Create partition
CW_HideCID_CallerID_Xform_PT, Clusterwide restrict CID presentation

Create transformation patterns in the partition
! CW_HideCID_CallerID_Xform_PT set Calling Line ID Presentation to Restricted
\+! CW_HideCID_CallerID_Xform_PT set Calling Line ID Presentation to Restricted

Create CSS with the previously created PT in it
CW_HideCID_CallerID_Xform_CSS
CW_HideCID_CallerID_Xform_PT

Then set it to use on the device with this setting

image.png
Reset the device for the setting to take effect.

If this was not working for you likely you did some mistake in the configuration.

Apart from this I also did a variant of Marens suggestion where external phone number mask is used to define the calling number. For that this is what I did.

Create partition
CW_ChangeCID_CallerID_Xform_PT, Clusterwide set CID to external phone number mask

Create transformation patterns in the partition
! CW_ChangeCID_CallerID_Xform_PT set use External Phone Number Mask
\+! CW_ChangeCID_CallerID_Xform_PT set use External Phone Number Mask

CW_ChangeCID_CallerID_Xform_CSS
	CW_ChangeCID_CallerID_Xform_PT

Then assign on the device as per the previous screenshot with selection of this CSS and set the EPNM on the directory number to what you'd like to be shown when making a call.

Response Signature

What I noticed is you are adding other partition to the css hide. 

it must contain only the partition hide.

Response Signature

i did this, because there is no result for my acton,i cant call from 1000 to 1001, i just need to hide my extension no to be private for something like that

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

Maybe you could explain what each of those elements is intended to do.  For example it's not clear why you have a "!" pattern which whatever its intention, is likely to call delays in calls connecting.  I think you should follow Nithin's method shown above.  If you need some help adapting it for your installation then we need a few specific details

1. Do you want to mask the calling number for calls to all extensions, or only calls to certain extensions?
  2. What is your extension number range (for example is it 1000-1099)?
  3. What partition(s) are your extension DNs in?
  4. What partitions are in the existing phone's Device CSS and Line CSS?

The ! was to have been applied to a calling party transformation, not called party. If the OP set up a route pattern or translation pattern with ! it would indeed be a problem.

Maren