cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

High Traffic Call Try Your Again Later. Have solution?

Hi people

I saw n discussions about this theme but somebody found some solution definitive?

I see this problem with Callmanager 6x and 7x and I cannot solve this message on IP Phones.

Thanks

Peterson

5 Replies 5

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You'll see that message displayed on your IP phones when trying to make a call if you are experiencing a "CodeYellow".  This indicates a resource issue likely due to high CPU that causes the CallManager service to throttle calls (block them) until the CodeYellow condition exits.  Usually this is caused by a call loop to a gateway or trunk.  When you see the message on your IP phone, use the Real-Time Monitoring Tool (RTMT) to collect the Event Viewer - Application Logs and CallManager logs you should be able to find the time stamp of when the CodeYellow started and then find the same time in the CallManager traces to try and identify if there is a particular call that caused the problem.

We had an occurance of this happen today on one of our calls. I found the call in RTMT traces but nothing that points to a cause. Did anyone ever figure out how to track these down? Thanks.

Hi guys...

i also faced this issue today and going to apply this solution for see if fix it..

you can try this aslo...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a008091c1dc.shtml

Cisco 7900 series IP Phone users do not receive a dial tone from Cisco CallManager, and the High Traffic Try Again Later error messages appears on the phone display when they go off-hook. This document discusses how to troubleshoot this issue.

Problem

Cisco 7900 IP Phones do not receive a dial tone from Cisco CallManager and instead receive a reorder/busy tone when the phone goes off-hook. The High Traffic Try Again Later error message appears on the LCD display of the IP Phone.

Note: This issue occurs intermittently.

Solution

The High Traffic Try Again Later error message that appears on the IP Phones indicates this issue:

Whenever the LowPriorityQueueThrottlingFlag Cisco CallManager service parameter is set to TRUE and the Low Priority queue is over the limit specified by the LowPriorityQueueThrottlingMaxCount Cisco CallManager service parameter, the High Traffic Try Again Later error message appears on the LCD display of any IP Phone that is registered to this Cisco CallManager server and that attempts to go off-hook and make a new call. By default, this message appears on the phone if the Low Priority queue gets deeper than 20 signals.

Generally, the Cisco CallManager works fine as long as the Low Priority queue does not get higher than 100. Therefore, if you never see the Low Priority queue go higher than 75, you can configure the LowPriorityQueueThrottlingMaxCount = 100 Cisco CallManager service parameter in order to overcome this issue.

It is also recommended to check the CPU utilization and the disk space usage. If they are high, you need to clear the hard disk space and shrink the CDR/CAR database.

Warm Regard's
===========
Amit

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

Hi Amit,

I am just facing the same issue. I am sure your suggestion would sort this out but I can't find the

LowPriorityQueueThrottlingMaxCount parameter by going to System>Services Parameters> Cisco CallManager>...in Cisco Unified CM Administration.

Am I missing anything?

Omni

update me...if this fix your issue...!

i will udpate with my results if done before you guys..

thanks

Warm Regard's
===========
Amit

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma