cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many SIP trunks can you have on CUCM?

cnorton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys!

Good day! I have an upcoming project wherein we will migrate PSTN centres to SIP. These centres are composed of 130 sites and i was advised by my boss that SIP trunk will be installed individually per site. No TEHO, no intersite calling between centres. 

My question is, how many sip trunks can be added to CUCM? I cant find any document related to this. We have a single cluster compose of 1 publisher and 9 subscribers. All CUCM version is 8.5.1.

Hope someone can help me with this so i can inform my boss as well.

Thanks! 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Take a look at the design guide or SRND for your version of CUCM.  You didn't mention if your cluster is on MCS or VM so verify the capacity based on your environment.  The table below is from the 8.X SRND.  You should be OK unless you are running the smallest MCS servers.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/uc8x.html

Table 29-4 Maximum Number of Regions, Locations, Gateways, and Trunks 

Server Platform
Maximum Number of Regions
Maximum Number of Locations
Maximum Number of Trunks and Gateways

MCS-7815 and 7816

MCS-7825

MCS-7835 or Open Virtualization Archive (OVA) equivalent

MCS-7845 or OVA equivalent

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi,

It depends on the specs of your host and VM.However, 130 isn't a very high number and I am sure that you can accommodate this with OVA of 1000 users.

This information used to be present with MCS servers but with virtualized environments, I don't think you can get a single number. Let's see if any of the fellows will have an answer. Good question though :)

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks for your reply. Im pretty sure our hardware specs can handle this. What im worried is if the CUCM has limits on the number of SIP trunks that can be added. I know that you can set 15 destinations per trunk, but no mention if there is a  maximum number of sip trunks you can set on a cluster.  

The following doc lists max trunks of 1100 for the 1000, 2500 and 7500 user OVA templates. Max of 2100 trunks for the 10,000 user template. This would be the max for all trunk types, not just SIP.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab10/collab10/sizing.html

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for the link. Do you think this is also applicable to CUCM v8.x?

Looks like Les answered your question. It is applicable, but will depend on physical vs. virtual and the type of server if physical. They only place you would run into a problem is if you are using 7815/16 hardware.

Brandon

Take a look at the design guide or SRND for your version of CUCM.  You didn't mention if your cluster is on MCS or VM so verify the capacity based on your environment.  The table below is from the 8.X SRND.  You should be OK unless you are running the smallest MCS servers.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/uc8x.html

Table 29-4 Maximum Number of Regions, Locations, Gateways, and Trunks 

Server Platform
Maximum Number of Regions
Maximum Number of Locations
Maximum Number of Trunks and Gateways

MCS-7815 and 7816

MCS-7825

MCS-7835 or Open Virtualization Archive (OVA) equivalent

MCS-7845 or OVA equivalent

cnorton
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks a lot Les Pruden! This is what im looking for. Our's are VM running on ucs-c. I guess we can now proceed with the project. I appreciate your help sir! 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: