Views
Helpful
Replies

How many SIP Trunks on the C3825

michael090608
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 
I am still running my calling Operations on this old Cisco C3825 voice gateway/router. I am planning a migration to upgrade it, however, before this, I need to move from e-one to SIP trunk.
I would like to know if this device is able to run more than one SIP trunk. 
Anyone knows if the C3825 is able to handle more than one SIP trunk provider ?

6 Replies 6

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @michael090608,

C3825 voice gateway/router is capable of handling multiple SIP trunk providers. The number of SIP trunks you can configure on the device depends on various factors such as available pvdm (if you need for instance transcoding between codec), licensing, and the specific IOS version running on the router.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

michael090608
Level 1
Level 1

How do I relate this to the amount of SIP trunks that the device is able to handle?
So, you are telling me, that I can setup as many SIP trunks as I like, just have to consider how many incoming/outgoing calls are running simultaneously?

it called SIP trunk, so you need only one and all incoming/outgoing call pass through this trunk. 
how many CUCM you have ? I think you have only one so only one SIP trunk need 

@michael090608,

Give an exact figure would be theoretical. Have look to @Nithin Eluvathingal's links, depending on the equipment, the SIP TRUNK sessions are twice.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

C3825 switches went end-of-life years ago. Why would you want to terminate anything on equipment this old?

Honestly, you would be better served terminating the SIP trunk on your new router which you're planning to replace the C3825 with.