Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Configure two 7962's to look alike

I would like to configure the 7962 at my desk to look like a 7962 at another location. I have added BLF speed dials and I want to make sure they are working from my phone without disturbing the other line how do I go about this?  I want my phone to be configured like theirs so I know theirs is working properly. I do not want to just add the BLF to my phone I want my phone to look like and act just like theirs. IE it rings when someone dials their number.

So number for distant phone is 1234   my number is 5678  I want my phone to mimick 1234 ring blf everything....I know there is a couple settings to do this in CUCM but, can not remember exactly where.

Thank You

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Greg,

If you delete your config first you should be able to use

Super-copy

Device>Phone>Find phone where DN = 1234>Super Copy (far right on page)

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

Fantastic reply from Rob as always, rated +5.

Greg,

If you want 'your' phone back after the tests just change the MAC address to something else like changing the first two digits to FF so it changes from SEP001E4A3498AC to SEPFF1E4A3498AC then as Rob said do a supercopy.

When your tests are over delete the copied phone and rename yours back.

Hope this helps,

Craig

(PLEASE RATE HELPFUL POSTS)

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Greg,

If you delete your config first you should be able to use

Super-copy

Device>Phone>Find phone where DN = 1234>Super Copy (far right on page)

Cheers!

Rob

I was trying to avoid deleting and recreatng my phone but, if that is the only way ?

Fantastic reply from Rob as always, rated +5.

Greg,

If you want 'your' phone back after the tests just change the MAC address to something else like changing the first two digits to FF so it changes from SEP001E4A3498AC to SEPFF1E4A3498AC then as Rob said do a supercopy.

When your tests are over delete the copied phone and rename yours back.

Hope this helps,

Craig

(PLEASE RATE HELPFUL POSTS)

Duh......coffee has not kicked in yet.....

Thanks Everyone

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: