Helpful
Replies

How to divide contacts into serval group in corporate directory

Jie Lu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all:

Here is my client's requirement as follow:

1. can the contact in Corporate Directory be divide into serval group where the user in the same place can only see theirs?
  2. Can the Corporate Diretctory that display on the screen change into some other name?

according to my client's requirement can it be done and how to do it ? Please help thanks.

4 Replies 4

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Jie,

1-although I have never implemented it. ON the presence server, create multiple LDAP profiles, depending on the users, so for instance create an LDAP profile for Admin, with just admin as the search base, one for production, with only the production search base.  please not that you can only do this if your AD is set up in such a way that users atre put in different containers depending on what department they are in. Then associate that particular LDAP profile to your user(s)

2- I got no idea what you mean?  you mean preferred names?

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

Hey minkdennis,I think my client didn't deploy LDAP on their network,can it be done by CUCM? They deploy a CUCM cluster and Jabber.

I dont think so,  CUCM has no way of putting users in separate containers.

Hi

You would need to provision some additional third party or custom developed XML directories to be able to split it up - probably based off the customer's AD(s) or other database of information.

You could call each directory whatever you like, it doesn't need to be called Corporate Directory.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!