cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to enable External Presentation Information?

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

good day for all,

i need to know how to enable External Presentation Information?

the purpose of it is when i have extension number 1001 and set External Presentation Information with same number 1001, and i call external call ( mobile call ) it will show my number 1001 ? not shown my PSTN number ? is that correct?

the point i need to get is when i call any external number i need my extension number 1001 show for receiver call not PSTN number to let the receiver person get know who is calling.

my cucm 14

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

You cannot do that. Your PSTN service provider will not allow that as the calling number.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

b.winter
VIP
VIP

You cannot show only your DN 1001 when you make a PSTN call. This never worked and will never work. Because your "1001" is not routable in the PSTN network.

You can send just "1001" from your CUCM to the provider, but the provider will automatically mask it with your provider number or in the worst case, will decline the call, because the calling number is not formatted correctly.

the point i need to get is when i call any external number i need my extension number 1001 show for receiver call not PSTN number to let the receiver person get know who is calling. --> How should the receiver person know, who is calling if you just send "1001"?! "1001" is not unique in the world^^

No. As we both wrote it’s the service provider that won’t allow you to present your internal directory number information as the ANI for outbound calls. There is nothing that you can do about that. It’s just how this works.

The use case for External Phone Number Mask is when you have an internal number format on the DN, for example 1000, but the DID number is 5551000 or +14805551000. Then you can set the EPNM to 5551000 or +14805551000 and set Use External Phone Number Mask on the route pattern or translation pattern, which ever you use for the first used call routing.

Response Signature

5 Replies 5

You cannot do that. Your PSTN service provider will not allow that as the calling number.

Response Signature

b.winter
VIP
VIP

You cannot show only your DN 1001 when you make a PSTN call. This never worked and will never work. Because your "1001" is not routable in the PSTN network.

You can send just "1001" from your CUCM to the provider, but the provider will automatically mask it with your provider number or in the worst case, will decline the call, because the calling number is not formatted correctly.

the point i need to get is when i call any external number i need my extension number 1001 show for receiver call not PSTN number to let the receiver person get know who is calling. --> How should the receiver person know, who is calling if you just send "1001"?! "1001" is not unique in the world^^

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

thanks @Roger Kallberg and @b.winter for your reply

i need to ask. is there any familiar way ( another way ) to get what i need ?

and what is the point for External Presentation usage?

No. As we both wrote it’s the service provider that won’t allow you to present your internal directory number information as the ANI for outbound calls. There is nothing that you can do about that. It’s just how this works.

The use case for External Phone Number Mask is when you have an internal number format on the DN, for example 1000, but the DID number is 5551000 or +14805551000. Then you can set the EPNM to 5551000 or +14805551000 and set Use External Phone Number Mask on the route pattern or translation pattern, which ever you use for the first used call routing.

Response Signature

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

thanks for your support