Views
Helpful
Replies

How to modify directory number in bulk

Syed
Level 3
Level 3

Dear All,

I have 1800+ directory/extension numbers, but they are not designed properly. The directory range starts from 4 digits to 7 digits (meaning xxxx, xxxxx, xxxxxx & xxxxxxx) and due to this there is a huge overlap and delay calling among phones.

And also I need to put some prefix digit to reach from Branch Offices to HQ over SIP trunk. So, I would like to go with a standard 5 digits range to avoid the existing challenges. Changing directory numbers one by one is time consuming job, therefore I request you to guide me how to achieve this task in an easy way, may be BAT.

Herewith I am attaching the DN/Extension ranges.

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your best native way would be to export all phones, modify the details and re-import the phones, all using BAT.

Hi Chris,

I have exported all the phones in .tar format, but it contains huge information. Please help me how do I achieve this task because this is the first time I am going to do.

Thank you

Identify the phones you need to modify and change the directory number fields in the files accordingly.

Hi Chris,

Do you have any document or videos on this because I am unable to do this.

What are you unable to do?

Once they are exported, you edit the file in Excel and then re-import it.

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try this,

1-      Bulk Administration > Import/Export

2-      Scroll to “Device Data” section > select the check box for phones > this should export all the phones you have

3-      A .tar file will be outputted when the export file is completed , you can monitor the job status in the Job Scheduler and when it is completed with no errors , you can download the file from Bulk Administration > Upload/Download files

4-      Extract the phone.csv from the zipped file , modify the Directories in the “Directory Number 1” field.

5-      Add the phone.csv back to the tar folder ( you will need 7zip for this)

6-      From Bulk Administration > Upload/Download files > upload the modified .tar file

7-      Then Import/export > Import > Select our uploaded .tar file > next > Select the phones option >

8-      Make sure to check the “Override existing configuration” box

9-      Run the Job, and monitor from the Job scheduler , when it is completed with no errors , you can check the phones for updated directory numbers.

HTH

Manish

Thanks Manish.

i shall follow the given steps and keep you posted on the result

Thanks Manish for the details +5

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: