cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to setup multiparty conference in CUCM 10.5.2

sharathpk0912
Level 1
Level 1

I want to setup multiparty conference in CUCM 10.5.2.. Can anyone help me.

12 Replies 12

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CUCM natively supports two types of conferences.

1. Ad-hoc. In Ad-hoc the conference innitiator calls others into the conference. You need to ensure that the innitiator has a MRGL that contains either a software CFB or a hardware CFB

NB:  A software CFB only supports G711 codec. If one or more participants use G729, then you will need a hardware CFB

2. Meet-Me. With Mee-me conference, all the conference participans will dial a pre configured meet me number in CUCM.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/bccm-712-cm/b04cnbrg.html

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/bccm-712-cm/b03meet.html#wpxref26018

Please rate all useful posts

Typing and submittng at the same time Ayodeji :) , nice info as always.

Manish

(+5 Manish) Thank you

Hi, Manish?

Today I have in my CUCM cluster, MRGL, using conference bridge software and hardware.In my network was implemented a TELEPRESENCE CONDUCTOR used as video conference bridge. I read about Coonductor in link below and I see that it is able to do voice conference.

In my environment my devices to use conference bridge hardware when is done a voice conference with external devices .ex: cell phone and transcode hardware in some cases. Do you think that if I use a MRGL containing only TELEPRESENCE CONDUCTOR, it should be able to do voice conference with external devices with no CFB HW or TRANSCODE HW?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmcfg/CUCM_BK_C95ABA82_00_admin-guide-100/CUCM_BK_C95ABA82_00_admin-guide-100_chapter_0110101.html#CUCM_RF_HFC3B4D6_00

Thanks

You probably want to read the data sheet for Conductor to understand the role it plays in a deployment, Conductor is NOT a CFB.

Conductor, as the name implies, manages your video conference bridges to create ad-hoc or rendezvous conferences. Conductor doesn't have any resources itself. He's just the middle man between CUCM, and the servers that have the actual resources.

So, can you do what you want with just conductor??? NO

You would be using resources on your MCU or vTP server to host those conferences.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Ok Jaime;

Maybe my question was not complete.

I have VTS in my conductor. I know that resouces exist only in VTS or MCU, i will check.

But, no problem.

Thanks 

Regards;

Fabio

You can, but you would be using a video CFB for audio only calls, depending on the resources and licensing you have, that might not be the best idea.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the exact requirement. For three parties talking on g711 it should be done easily using the software conference bridge on cucm. For parties talking on G729 you need to configure transcoder or hardware conference bridge. If you need more clarification please provide more details.

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Meet-me is already configured.

Does Adhoc conference and multiparty conference are same...?

CUCM version is 10.5.2

I tried to configure adhoc conference, I am not getting any proper document to do that.

All conferences are multi party. You can create a Media resource group and add the conference dridge reources to it. The create a MRGL under media resources tab abd add this MRG to the MRGL. Now, assign this MRGL to the device pool that is assigned to the phones involved in the conference. This is the very basic that you need to do. let us know if it helps.

Manish

Thanks for your support.

Could you please explain in detail as I am new to this technology.

Sharath.

Ad-hoc doesnt require any configuration. All you need is dial the first participant and then use the conference button on the phone to add the other users.

Multiparty conference can be done with ad-hoc or meetme. Multiparty is multiple party on a conference (which is what a conference is anyway)..