cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I need to route a DID based on a schedule to three different places

kbeaton
Level 1
Level 1

I have a DID I need to route to three different groups, receptionists during the day, medical staff for the evening, and an answering service after hours.

The only option I can think of that has a schedule associated with it is a System Call Handler and using a schedule.
Do any other options come to mind?

Can Hunt Groups be forwarded by the end user?
If a Hunt Group could be forwarded the users could forward the line.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If I understand correctly, you have a DID that - as it inbounds to your organization - needs to be handled differently based on time of day. This can be accomplished in CUCM itself with Time of Day Routing. In your example, the partitions (in their correct order) would appear in the calling search space of the inbound trunk/gateway.

If you are using Unity Connection as an auto-attendant for all inbound DIDs, then I would create three call routing rules with different schedules that match on the DID and send it where it needs to go within Unity Connection.

Let me know if I've misinterpreted your situation or if you have questions.

Maren

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

If I understand correctly, you have a DID that - as it inbounds to your organization - needs to be handled differently based on time of day. This can be accomplished in CUCM itself with Time of Day Routing. In your example, the partitions (in their correct order) would appear in the calling search space of the inbound trunk/gateway.

If you are using Unity Connection as an auto-attendant for all inbound DIDs, then I would create three call routing rules with different schedules that match on the DID and send it where it needs to go within Unity Connection.

Let me know if I've misinterpreted your situation or if you have questions.

Maren

Hi Maren, I think the Time of Day Routing might just work.
I'm going to give it a go and test it out!!!
Thanks!

Regular time of day routing in CM can achieve this.

Response Signature