cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Impact of resetting Route List

billmatthews
Level 1
Level 1

We're running CUCM 8.5.  I need to reset a route list, to add a new SIP router as a secondary outbound cube.

What's the impact on current calls/phones if I reset the route list during the day?

The new config has already been tested.

Thanks                  

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Resetting the route list does not affect calls  whatsoever because it doesn't reset the gateways. it only reinitializes the configuration that was loaded by Call manager.

Br,
Nadeem 

Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

View solution in original post

As you are able to successfully test it in the lab, you can go ahead and perform the reset on the Prouction system as well, because the behavior of CUCM will remain the same.

Manish

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bill,

If the call is already connected then it would not be dropped by a reset of the route list as it does not reset the gateways.

HTH

Manish

Thanks +5, my testing confirms this as well.

So just to confirm, I can reset a route list during production hours with no impact?

As you are able to successfully test it in the lab, you can go ahead and perform the reset on the Prouction system as well, because the behavior of CUCM will remain the same.

Manish

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Resetting the route list does not affect calls  whatsoever because it doesn't reset the gateways. it only reinitializes the configuration that was loaded by Call manager.

Br,
Nadeem 

Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.