cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming calls from SBC not working

smccloud1
Level 1
Level 1

I am starting the process of deploying an anynode SBC for our transition to Teams Voice.  I have the SIP trunk configured on the anynode, and the Teams portion working great.  However, only outbound calls from our CUCM through the anynode work, incoming ones do not work.  They all return a 503 error with 'Warning: 399 ucm-pub "Unable to find a device handler for the request received on port 5062 from 192.168.23.64"'.  Currently, our main calls come in through a T1 on our BE6000S, but I need to figure out the cause of this.  I appreciate any help you are able to provide and let me know what logs you need.

7 Replies 7

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The destination of the SIP Trunk in CUCM must match the source IP & port of the incoming SIP INVITE. It must also be directed at the node(s) in the CallManager Group of that SIP Trunk’s Device Pool unless you have ticked Run on all nodes.

The invite comes from the FQDN of the SBC, and I do have the FQDN specified in the SIP trunk.  We have a single CUCM, and the trunk is also directed at the device pool the phones live in.  That is what confuses me, it should work from what I have read but doesn't.

Attached is a sanitized SDL trace.

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

Does the SIP trunk security profile attached to the trunk on CUCM have port 5062 defined? 

Yes, it does.  I ended up resolving it late last night.  I had to update the CUCM SIP node on the anynode side to include the port.  Once I did that it works, other than the issues with our test SIP provider while we wait for Comcast to provision our SIP trunk.

Without the port defined it would likely default to port 5060. As your using 5062 it would not match between the two systems and all data would be dropped on either side.

Response Signature

Roger,

What doesn't make sense is I saw the traffic coming into the CUCM on the correct port, but it didn't work until I specified it.  I think anynode needs to update their directions.

Is this part of the dialogue between the SBC and CM?

00642607.029 |10:20:23.043 |AppInfo  |//SIP/Stack/Transport/0x0/sipSPIUpdateResponseInfo: Dialog Transaction Address 192.168.23.64,Port 5062, Transport 1, SentBy Port 5060
00642607.030 |10:20:23.043 |AppInfo  |//SIP/Stack/Transport/0x0/sipSPIUpdateResponseInfo: Dialog Transaction Address 192.168.23.64,Port 5062, Transport 1, SentBy Port 5062

If so it looks like it starts with port 5060 and then switches to port 5062.

Response Signature