cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incorrect user extension in CCM User pages directory

Scott Jones
Level 1
Level 1

I've got an interesting issue that i haven't seen before.  We're running CM 8.5.1, LDAP integrated into AD.  We're in the process of moving our locations to Cisco IP phones.  A user has phones in two locations, one that was recently cut to Cisco and one that is still on Nortel (and is their home location).  What is happening, though, is that when people search the directory via the CCMUSER pages, they see his number in the other location.  When i pull his account up in CCMADMIN, his telephone number is accurate.  I've tried changing his primary extension to <none>, disassociated any devices that have the other number on them, but it seems to be stuck in the directory that the end users use.  when i search via the corporate directory on my IP phone, it shows the right number as well...

any ideas on what to do to fix this?

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

primary extension has nothing to do with the number displayed in the directory, it is simply using the telephone number field on ccmuser admin page. Are you saying that that field is different from what you see in the corporate directory? Have you tried brining up the directory on the phone, what does it show?

Chris

Scott Jones
Level 1
Level 1

That's the bizarre thing. When I search via my 9971, it shows the proper info.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

m-geisler
Level 1
Level 1

My experience: When you integrate AD in CUCM, set the phone tab in AD. Otherwise the Phone# does not show in the directory

Good Luck

Mike

Sure as the telephoneNumber comes from AD, either telephoneNumber or ipPhone depending on which one you use for the integration.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: