Views
Helpful
Replies

Informacast paging-Busy tone when dialing the broadcast number

rramlal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I have been configuring the informacast paging by following the step by step configuration guide. I chose to use a SIP trunk for this setup and when I am dialing the extension i kept getting a busy tone.

Can someone guide me on troubleshooting this issue?

4 Replies 4

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please verify the complete config on cucm and Informacast as per the following

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/paging-server/117059-configure-informacast-00.html

If the issue still exists then you need to get detailed callmanager service traces for a failed call.

Manish

Thanks all for the responses.

I didnt get a chance to generate any logs or contact Informacast support. However this is my setup:

CUCM cluster- 192.168.0.3,192.168.0.4 (server network)

Paging server- 192.168.1.9( voice network, this is used for the IP phones)

1. A sip trunk was configured following the guide and busy tone was received when it was dialed. The dialcast entry was matched to route pattern. I am not sure what is required for the SIP trunk, but on the Informacast, I allowed sip access for both call managers ( i assume that was needed).

2. I also tried the CTI route point, and it got registered, however when I dial the number is just rings.

Would the paging server need to be on the same network as the call manager server?

I will provide feedback on Monday.

There is a paging log you can pull from InformaCast.  Your running the virtual InformaCast server?  SingleWire has a program that pulls logs off the server so you can see where the call is ending up.  Here is a link to the tool.  Run a test page then run this tool to pull the logs.  There is video on how to use it in the link.

https://www.singlewire.com/tools/informacast-logtool-kit

steigja
Level 3
Level 3

Singlewire has awsome support.  Just email them at support@singlewire.com.  They have even helped me without a valid contract.  Do you have dial-casts setup in singlewire for the number you are dialing?