cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intercom feature/configuration help

Adam Isakson
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CUCM 8.6.2 and have configured several intercoms, all working as intended......

The problem I have is related to a Healthcare environment and I wonder if there is a way around it. There are several operating rooms that have wall mounted phones with intercoms on them. They are used to call Doctors in the OR during surgery and be able to speak to them. The problem is the way the intercoms work now is the callee has to press the intercom button to speak back to the caller. I understand it used to work this way in older versions of call managers but was changed because of complaints....you would not want someone with the ability to intercom the CEO's office and hear a private conversation he/she is having with someone else. But this is a different workflow and I wonder if an intercom is even the right solution in this case?

Any suggestions or a way to disable the manual step in pressing the intercom button on the phone to create two-way audio?                  

4 Replies 4

clileikis
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Adam,

If I understand the requirement, you want a two-way call established when the intercom button is pressed?  You could set up auto-answer with speakerphone (on a seperate line on the phone if you want the phone to be able to receive calls normally on the existing line) and set up a speed-dial with that line on the other phone.

HTH,

Chris

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Adam,

For the OR rooms I would skip the standard Intercom and just create the

phone with a DN (any button) that is set for Auto Answer with Speakerphone

on the DN config page. The people calling the OR can be setup with speedials

to the Auto Answer DN or just dial the accordingly

Cheers!

Rob