cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Intercom is not working after configuring

Jeiky1
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured INTERCOM in CUCM. After changing the button template to show the intercom in two 7961 phones and configure the directory numbers under the phone settings. I was unable to see the INTERCOM button on the screen of the 7961 phones. I made the same configuration on Cisco IP communicator and it works fine. Can anyone help me with this, please?

Regards,

Frank                   

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Frank,

It's likely the phone firmware

System Requirements

The system requirements for the intercom feature follow:

Cisco Unified  Communications Manager Release 6.0

Microsoft  Internet Explorer (IE) 7 or Internet Explorer 8 or FireFox 3.x or Safari 4.x

Cisco Unified IP  Phones 8.3(1) or later

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fsintrcm.html#wp1047586

Cheers!

Rob

"And if I should fall behind
Wait for me" - Springsteen

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Frank,

On the Intercom DN page, did you associate the Device?

Call Routing > Intercom >Intercom Directory Number

This doc is really good

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-4194

Cheers!

Rob

Yes, I have done the exact configuraiton on my IPC and the hardware phone, but still not working. The phone gets resetted after I made changes int he button template, but still I don't see the button on the screen. It seems when I find a problem is a real problem. I have another post tha has been seating for weeks and no answer. I hope you can help me with this.

Thank you Rob.

I just try adding a new BLF Speed dial and it is not showing on the phone buttons.either. I added a privacy button and it works fines. I can see it on the scren. Is there any specific service that controls those features?

regards,

Frank

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Frank,

Is it possible for you to send a screenshot of the Intercom

page for one or both of the configured phones?

It should show like below, with the associated device etc.

Intercom Directory Number Information
Required Field
Required Field

Move DownMove Up

Intercom Directory Number Settings
Required Field
Required Field
Required Field

Cheers!

Rob

Required Field
Required Field

Move DownMove Up
Required Field
Required Field
Required Field

Line 1 on Device SEP0019E8C85917
Display text for a line appearance is intended for displaying text such as a name instead of a directory number for internal calls. If you specify a number, the person receiving a call may not see the proper identity of the caller.

Forwarded Call Information Display on Device SEP0019E8C85917

Second Phone

Status
Informational MessageStatus: Ready
Required Field
Required Field

Move DownMove Up
Required Field
Required Field
Required Field
Line 1 on Device SEP0019E8E109E3
Display text for a line appearance is intended for displaying text such as a name instead of a directory number for internal calls. If you specify a number, the person receiving a call may not see the proper identity of the caller.
Forwarded Call Information Display on Device SEP0019E8E109E3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Frank,

Looks good

Did you try doing a hard reset on the phones? Also have a look

at the Phone Button Template that you are using to see what line

position is assigned to Intercom.

Cheers!

Rob

Yes, I did a hard reset on the phone using 123456789*0# and the other code on one of the phones but it seems like nothing works. I also moved the key all the way to third or 4th possition. No luck.

Frank

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Frank,

I'm at a loss now Maybe it's a bug....what CUCM version

are you running?

Did you try stripping it all out and starting over?

Cheers!

Rob

System version: 8.6.2.20000-2

I am also using a firware on these phones that I found on the internet, because i don't have acess to download an original one from Cisco. Since is a study lab, I thought it would be fine, but now I am suspecting something is wrong with the firmware for those phones. What do you think?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Frank....could be phone firmware as well. Why don't you pass along that version number

as well.

Cheers!

Rob

7-6-26 is the one that is working for me. I downloaded 8.xxx and 9xxx. but they are not working it seems they are missing hte XMLDefault.cnf.xml file and some other files that the phone requests during TFTP image download.

I found out why a version newer8.3.5 will not work. For manual load of the firmware using tftpd32, you have to update firmware to 8.3.5 (for some reason, all others newer than 8.3.5 don't load) Once you have updated to 8.3.5 go ahead and load the latest version to CUCM TFTP server and the phone will download this newer version from CUCM. It seems that upgrading to 9.xxx using TFTPD32 is not supported with newer versions.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Frank,

It's likely the phone firmware

System Requirements

The system requirements for the intercom feature follow:

Cisco Unified  Communications Manager Release 6.0

Microsoft  Internet Explorer (IE) 7 or Internet Explorer 8 or FireFox 3.x or Safari 4.x

Cisco Unified IP  Phones 8.3(1) or later

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fsintrcm.html#wp1047586

Cheers!

Rob

I am going to try to find this version and I will try it. thank you very much. I will post and rate once I have tried.

Regards,

Frank

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: