Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator 8.6.1.0

S Sadiq
Level 1
Level 1

I had the issue with "Unable to change tftp address in IP Communicator 8.6.1.0"

1> I tried selecting 'run as administrator' didn't appear to work for me at first.  Turns out I wasn't closing the application all the way before trying to run it again as administrator. 

2> In the preferences pane I unchecked "close hides application", closed the app, then ran as administrator.

After that I  was able to provide the tftp address provided with the Device name.

Closed the IP Communicator ran as administrator later on got displayed message as registering and default TFTP address but still didn't got registered.

Rebooted the PC and restarted the IP communicator ran as admin still the same.

Can someone assist me in fixing the issue ?

5 Replies 5

S Sadiq
Level 1
Level 1

Tried with troubleshooting from layer one.

>>Fixed the issue 

Issue: reach-ability issue to TFTP server, request timeout.

Thanks All !

So, you have proper TFTP entered in IPC config yet you are getting the error?  Can you ping the address from the PC?

What do you see under status messages?  Do you have other devices registered to your call server? What is your call server, i.e. CUCM and what version?

Hi Chris,

correct TFTP was entered but I was using the VPN  to login and due to some issue my VPN  was getting disconnected frequently.

PC to TFTP was not reachable.(request timeout)

CUCM version 8.5

But on another PC the issue was with the installation file

>> At first Installed the .msi file  but I was not able to change network settings  later I uninstalled the application, then reinstalled using the .exe it worked.

So, is there still an issue?

now its resolved

Thanks Chris !